GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Great American Bash Results Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/07/05 at 00:18
Regular
The Great American Bash
July 24th
Buffalo, New York
HSBC Arena

One amusing note on Heat - someone had a sign that said "Earl Hebner sold me my shirt".

Heat - Cruiserweight Title
Paul London vs Nunzio
My prediction: Paul London
Result: Paul London (2:35)
Match: Pretty meh - it was over so damn quickly.

So, the event was sponsored by WWE.com. Wow...

1. Tag Titles
MnM (c) vs Animal & Heidenreich
My prediction: Animal & Heidenreich
Result: Animal & Heidenreich (6:46)
Match: Pretty "meh", although Animal put on quite an impressive performance, and seeing as he dedicated it to Hawk, I thought it was obvious they'd win (with a Doomsday Device, nonetheless). The nostalgia factor made this match all the more fun, though.
Rating: 7/10

Eddie Guerrero had a veeery strange segment, where he has a "new addition". Lovely. That can be his next DVD.

Oh, and WWE messed up - they had a "2 weeks ago" video package pop up for about a second before removing itself and Christian began coming out. Odd.

2. Christian vs Booker T
My prediction: Christian
Result: Booker T (11:38)
Match: Pretty good match, ending with Booker T nailing a top-rope scissor-kick for the pin. Booker T's now 6-1 at the GAB PPVs throughout the ages.
Rating: 8/10

Milena is annoyed MnM lost the titles, and says she'll never be seen in her underwear.

A Summerslam promo airs.

3. United States Title
Orlando Jordan (c) vs Chris Benoit
My prediction: Chris Benoit (14:24)
Result: Orlando Jordan
Match: Was quite a decent match, but loses points for the absolutely HORRIBLE ending. Benoit gets rammed into an exposed turnbuckle and pinned. The moronic referee doesn't notice, even though it's right in front of him, and a lucid Benoit doesn't seem to think to tell the ref what happened. Oh, and I thought that when the ref went outside, he was going to restart the match. AWFUL ending.
Rating: 7.5/10

A promo airs for the Hassan/Taker match.

4. #1 Contender's Match
Muhammed Hassan vs The Undertaker
My prediction: The Undertaker
Result: The Undertaker (8:05)
Match: Before the match starts, Hassan comes out with the "terrorists" that attacked The Undertaker, and Hassan comes out on some stupid elevated thingy. He then reminds everyone that if he loses, he's leaving Smackdown (an easy get out clause of either his character or the SD brand, meaning he can return to RAW where he won't have UPN on his case). Taker wins with a naff Chokeslam.

The aftermath was better than the match. Taker kills the "sympathisers", and throws Daivari through the side of the table. He grabs Hassan up the ramp and Last Ride's him through a grating he opened up. It made me laugh, because the sound of Hassan hitting the floor was so horribly delayed by the sound effects guys (a la Hawk's "suicidal" fall off the titantron in 1998).

5. 6 Man Tag
The Mexicools vs bWo
My prediction: bWo
Result: The Mexicools (4:54)
Match: This could've been a good match, if it wasn't so short. Craptacular matches like Benoit/Orlando get 15 minutes, and this barely gets a third of it. Amusing though that Juvi didn't nail the 450 Splash.
Rating: 6.5/10

A promo airs for Mysterio vs Guerrero.

Mysterio talks to his kid backstage. I'm just wondering what this secret is. Eddie: "I am his father." Well, that doesn't explain how the kid looks so much like Mysterio...There's kayfabe, and then there's KAYFABE.

6. "If you beat me...I'll never tell."
Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
My prediction: Eddie Guerrero
Result: Rey Mysterio (15:39)
Match: Match of the night so far by a long way. Some great work here, and I was bloody surprised that Mysterio won. Serves Eddie right for being cocky and not pinning Mysterio right after the Frog Splash, though. So, I guess that's the end of that rubbish storyline, or at least I hope.
Rating: 8.5/10

7. Bra and Panties
Ref: Candice Michelle
Milena vs Torrie Wilson
My prediction: Torrie Wilson
Result: Milena (3:53)
Match: *grabs Kleenex* Meh, pretty crap, I wanted Milena to have a thong on :(. Still, she looked hot as hell, and I wish she'd stop covering those boosoms up :0D
Rating: 4/10

A promo aired for HBK vs Hogan at Summerslam.

The promo for the main event then aired.

8. World Heavyweight Title
Batista (c) vs JBL
My prediction: Batista
Result: JBL via DQ (19:48)
Match: Better than I expected, but I HATE DQ victories of any sort. Horrible, HORRIBLY cheap ending with Batista beating the crap outta JBL with a chair. Fun.

Pretty average event really. Not that great, but as is expected with the WWE these days.
Mon 25/07/05 at 00:18
Regular
The Great American Bash
July 24th
Buffalo, New York
HSBC Arena

One amusing note on Heat - someone had a sign that said "Earl Hebner sold me my shirt".

Heat - Cruiserweight Title
Paul London vs Nunzio
My prediction: Paul London
Result: Paul London (2:35)
Match: Pretty meh - it was over so damn quickly.

So, the event was sponsored by WWE.com. Wow...

1. Tag Titles
MnM (c) vs Animal & Heidenreich
My prediction: Animal & Heidenreich
Result: Animal & Heidenreich (6:46)
Match: Pretty "meh", although Animal put on quite an impressive performance, and seeing as he dedicated it to Hawk, I thought it was obvious they'd win (with a Doomsday Device, nonetheless). The nostalgia factor made this match all the more fun, though.

Eddie Guerrero had a veeery strange segment, where he has a "new addition". Lovely. That can be his next DVD.

Oh, and WWE messed up - they had a "2 weeks ago" video package pop up for about a second before removing itself and Christian began coming out. Odd.

2. Christian vs Booker T
My prediction: Christian
Result: Booker T (11:38)
Match: Pretty good match, ending with Booker T nailing a top-rope scissor-kick for the pin. Booker T's now 6-1 at the GAB PPVs throughout the ages.
Rating: 8/10

Milena is annoyed MnM lost the titles, and says she'll never be seen in her underwear.

A Summerslam promo airs.

3. United States Title
Orlando Jordan (c) vs Chris Benoit
My prediction: Chris Benoit (14:24)
Result: Orlando Jordan
Match: Was quite a decent match, but loses points for the absolutely HORRIBLE ending. Benoit gets rammed into an exposed turnbuckle and pinned. The moronic referee doesn't notice, even though it's right in front of him, and a lucid Benoit doesn't seem to think to tell the ref what happened. Oh, and I thought that when the ref went outside, he was going to restart the match. AWFUL ending.
Rating: 7.5/10

A promo airs for the Hassan/Taker match.

4. #1 Contender's Match
Muhammed Hassan vs The Undertaker
My prediction: The Undertaker
Result: The Undertaker (8:05)
Match: Before the match starts, Hassan comes out with the "terrorists" that attacked The Undertaker, and Hassan comes out on some stupid elevated thingy. He then reminds everyone that if he loses, he's leaving Smackdown (an easy get out clause of either his character or the SD brand, meaning he can return to RAW where he won't have UPN on his case). Taker wins with a naff Chokeslam.

The aftermath was better than the match. Taker kills the "sympathisers", and throws Daivari through the side of the table. He grabs Hassan up the ramp and Last Ride's him through a grating he opened up. It made me laugh, because the sound of Hassan hitting the floor was so horribly delayed by the sound effects guys (a la Hawk's "suicidal" fall off the titantron in 1998).

5. 6 Man Tag
The Mexicools vs bWo
My prediction: bWo
Result: The Mexicools (4:54)
Match: This could've been a good match, if it wasn't so short. Craptacular matches like Benoit/Orlando get 15 minutes, and this barely gets a third of it. Amusing though that Juvi didn't nail the 450 Splash.
Rating: 6.5/10

A promo airs for Mysterio vs Guerrero.

Mysterio talks to his kid backstage. I'm just wondering what this secret is. Eddie: "I am his father." Well, that doesn't explain how the kid looks so much like Mysterio...There's kayfabe, and then there's KAYFABE.

6. "If you beat me...I'll never tell."
Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
My prediction: Eddie Guerrero
Result: Rey Mysterio (15:39)
Match: Match of the night so far by a long way. Some great work here, and I was bloody surprised that Mysterio won. Serves Eddie right for being cocky and not pinning Mysterio right after the Frog Splash, though. So, I guess that's the end of that rubbish storyline, or at least I hope.

7. Bra and Panties
Ref: Candice Michelle
Milena vs Torrie Wilson
My prediction: Torrie Wilson
Result: Milena (3:53)
Match: *grabs Kleenex* Meh, pretty crap, I wanted Milena to have a thong on :(. Still, she looked hot as hell, and I wish she'd stop covering those boosoms up :0D
Rating: 4/10

A promo aired for HBK vs Hogan at Summerslam.

The promo for the main event then aired.

8. World Heavyweight Title
Batista (c) vs JBL
My prediction: Batista
Result: JBL via DQ (19:48)
Match: Better than I expected, but I HATE DQ victories of any sort. Horrible, HORRIBLY cheap ending with Batista beating the crap outta JBL with a chair. Fun.

Pretty average event really. Not that great, but as is expected with the WWE these days.
Mon 25/07/05 at 00:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hehe New York, excellent. Let the criticism begin :-D

My my that bra and panties match shall be booed out the building as well as the main event
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
PLEASE don't let these 2 win the tag belts...

edit: sorry if you guys didn't want discussion in this thread and it was JUST for results.
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
bah tough, discussion shall commence :-D

Oh...........dear
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Reefer wrote:
> So, the event was sponsored by WWE.com. Wow...

And i bet they had to work hard to get them to sponsor it as well :-D
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:19
Regular
XD. It's hilarious just how poor the WWE is at times these days...

EDIT: In both sense of the word :P
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hehe got to love their logic though

*Cut 19 superstars* It's budget cuts, that's why we have to get rid of them ............... so when does Lesnar get here?
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:25
Regular
Aye, hiring someone that shafted them just over a year ago anyway. WHY, OH WHY did they get rid of Marty Jannetty? I don't care if he had an assault charge recently, he looked awesome back in March.

Yet people like Heidenbotch survive the cut. Wibble.
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Don't want a bad public image i guess (though they'll keep wife beaters and cowardly bullies who assault people on their roster)
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Christian is getting a proper good reaction! I think its great!

Did anyone notice Brian Hebnar after the Book End, counting the 10 count and he went 1,2,3,4,6. Might have just been me being tired!

Hebnar does that sort of reaction thing that refs do that people were saying about the other day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.