GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tonight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
BBC2 9pm "Extras", the new comedy from Gervais & Merchant.
I'll be watching without question, Ben Stiller is the guest tonight.

But I promise you, without doubt, it's going to get slammed both here and in reviews because of The Office.
I love The Office and I'll happily say so, but I've spoken to a couple of people and there's already a backlash towards it and, without having seen an episode, of Extras.
People seem to resent somebody being succesfull, plus they think it gives them some kind of non-existent "net cool" to be one of those "Yeah, I prefered their early stuff" kind of people.
I asked them how they can rubbish Extras before they've even seen a single episode?
"Oh I've seen Gervais interviewed and he's turned into such an ego monster, he thinks he's really funny and he's not"

Fair enough, each to their own but I'll be watching tonight.
It might be good, it might be bad. It won't be The Office and that's enough for me.
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It was alright.
Some bits were a bit dull but who knows, they cold just be setting up the characters. Plus, it is obviously meant to be more serious.

I liked when Stiller pulled out the gun to the kid's mum. Bits seem like The Office because of the cringe worthy thing but I like that.

Still, at the start I was going " This isn't very good ".
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:54
Regular
Just to clarify my review again, some bits were okay, some i didnt like and didnt laugh at. Like Ben Stiller bits, perhaps when there are more episodes I might enjoy it more. I think Jonathan Ross said the rest of the episodes are better than the first. So granted it's tought to do a first episode when you dont know the characters etc.
Thu 21/07/05 at 22:39
Regular
Anyone know if this is repeated on BBC3 or something?

I forgot to watch it.
Thu 21/07/05 at 23:06
"period drama"
Aye, enjoyable. I'll definitely watch it again.
Thu 21/07/05 at 23:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I thoroughly enjoyed it, completely different to The Office yet with a similar sort of humour.
"I'm only looking at her dead naked face"
"Sure, he could watch Dodgeball a second time and be laughing because he missed things the first time, it's layered like that so...y'know"
"Will you shut up about your @&*%ing dead wife"

Shall be watching the rest quite happily.
And caught a fairly amusing thing afterwards with a woman. Liked the surly Lahndan teen girl "Am I bovverd?"
Thu 21/07/05 at 23:47
"period drama"
Catherine Tate, yeah.
That's pretty much the only properly funny bit of the show, though.
Fri 22/07/05 at 00:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Absolute Power was quite good too.
Fri 22/07/05 at 00:45
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I thought it was great. The whole "reasons not to go out with someone with a dead wife", Ben Stiller and pretty much all of it. Started a bit slow but so did The Office. I expect great things.
Fri 22/07/05 at 07:56
Regular
"not dead"
I liked it. There were a couple of bits that didn't quite work for me, but I reckon half of that is expecting certain things of Gervais that may have happened in The Office - DB was such a big character, it's difficult to see Gervais as someone else.

Some really funny bits though - the dead naked face, Herman Munster, bowel cancer, and Ben Stiller quoting his box office record. I'd like to see this one again at the end of the series, once I know the characters better, as I'm sure I'd pick up on more stuff (it's probably layered like that...)

I'll definitely watch again.

Didn't like that woman that was on afterwards though. Some of her stuff (well, about two sketches of the ten or so I saw before switching off) was funny, but I thought she was rubbish - her delivery etc.
Fri 22/07/05 at 08:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"Well, y'know, Japanese, Chinese..."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.