GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tonight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/07/05 at 13:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
BBC2 9pm "Extras", the new comedy from Gervais & Merchant.
I'll be watching without question, Ben Stiller is the guest tonight.

But I promise you, without doubt, it's going to get slammed both here and in reviews because of The Office.
I love The Office and I'll happily say so, but I've spoken to a couple of people and there's already a backlash towards it and, without having seen an episode, of Extras.
People seem to resent somebody being succesfull, plus they think it gives them some kind of non-existent "net cool" to be one of those "Yeah, I prefered their early stuff" kind of people.
I asked them how they can rubbish Extras before they've even seen a single episode?
"Oh I've seen Gervais interviewed and he's turned into such an ego monster, he thinks he's really funny and he's not"

Fair enough, each to their own but I'll be watching tonight.
It might be good, it might be bad. It won't be The Office and that's enough for me.
Thu 28/07/05 at 21:35
Regular
sorry moved it to the other thread. :)
Sat 23/07/05 at 15:53
Regular
*sigh*

I thought the office was crap when I first watched it. Several housemates liked it and so I was sort of railroaded into watching the first series.

I enjoy it more now, on UKGOLD. It still doesn't make me laugh all that much, more cringe and wince with embarrassment. But it's so true to life in many ways that I enjoy it purely for those qualities.

Gervais isn't really the funniest character either, I found the interactions between Gareth and Tim to be far more amusing.

Honestly, I don't know why it was such a hit - it was good but not great. I did laugh my ass off at his stand up routines though, both politics and animals. And for that reason I'd probably give this new series a look if I stumble across it.
Sat 23/07/05 at 04:43
Regular
Yeah that woman, I didnt like her at all, she seemed like a ditzy Phoebe/Joey character. I think her character was one of the reason why I didnt like the episode as much (her and her scenes) but I'll see the next episode I'm hoping it'll be a lot better.
Sat 23/07/05 at 02:31
Regular
I really liked it. Catherine Tate is awful though.
Sat 23/07/05 at 02:20
Regular
Bloody mo-fo missed it. Dang nabbit. And I was well looking forward to it.

Watch next weeks. I'll catch the first another time.
Sat 23/07/05 at 02:06
Regular
"Selected"
It was ok - got a few laughs.

I'll be watching the rest.
Sat 23/07/05 at 01:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Catherine Tate, yeah.
> That's pretty much the only properly funny bit of the show, though.

If by "properly," you mean "for around ten seconds," then yes. Her stuff is generally garbage, and they've shoved her between two programmes that are actually good, so I have to do something else for half an hour. Annoying.
Sat 23/07/05 at 01:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I thought it was excellent. The dialogue between Stiller and Millman at the end was fantastic. And Stiller slowly walking off set, all of his sales and achievements suddenly meaningless, muttering "it still counts..."

I await the second episode eagerly.
Fri 22/07/05 at 18:24
Regular
Other than the fact that Gervais' character was just... himself, I thought it was excellent.
Fri 22/07/05 at 10:10
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I rather liked it. I especially liked the fact that his female friend looked almost exactly like the insane spitewhore who stalked me a coupla years back.
She's a film extra too, worryingly.

"Are you coming?"
'Nah, I'm doing...anything else'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.