GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows 7 and the postal strike"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/10/09 at 00:51
Regular
I pre ordered Windows 7 and it was due to be delivered on Thursday (Launch day) but due to the threat of a postal strike the disk has now been dispatched by courier service and will be deliverd today a whole day early! how cool and brilliant is that?

I have been running the evaluation copy for a while now with no issues at all and boy does it save on battery power on my laptop and start up time is amazing

Digi
Mon 26/10/09 at 09:28
Regular
Hmmm that was a really good clip thought provoking to say the least

Digi
Sat 24/10/09 at 15:56
"Are you sure?"
Sat 24/10/09 at 14:44
Regular
Read your tagline Hmmm...

What you people are forgetting though is customer satisfaction and I'm pretty sure I've heard all this before.

[link=http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/][source][/link]
Fri 23/10/09 at 12:48
"Are you sure?"
W7 certainly seems to be going down well.
I've even seen two people buy copies through Amazon on my play site this week.

Full Ultimate earns me £7 ! :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Machie always said my Amazon ads would work...
Fri 23/10/09 at 08:20
Regular
I've had mine since Tuesday - haven't had any compatibility issues so far so that's cool.

I did a clean install mind - none of this 'lets upgrade vista' business that I have seen causing some people problems.

My PC seems faster and less noisy as a result of installing 7 :)
Fri 23/10/09 at 06:15
Regular
Yeah to Amazon my one arrived at 5pm on Wednesday, only down side the box had been squished and cracked but the disks were fine 32 bit or 64 bit? I went for 32 bit, the laptop that was running the evaluation copy would not upgrade I had to do a clean install and it was all over in 25 mins :-)

My main PC on Vista did upgrade but it took about 2 and a half hours to do the upgrade but again once it was up and running I had no problems, yet the BBC are reporting many many problems with upgrades

Digi
Fri 23/10/09 at 03:12
Regular
I salute Amazon and their contingency couriers.

My Windows 7 Home Premium plopped through the door at 7pm tonight.

*Is happy*

N.
Thu 22/10/09 at 10:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yeah if it was, it was the worst kept secret in the world.
Wed 21/10/09 at 22:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I really dont think it was a secret. :)
Wed 21/10/09 at 20:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
> Best game ever on PCW8256 - Starglider by Rainbird, an off
> shoot, at the time, of BT:-) ...
>
>
>
> Hmmm... ;¬) Is that the same
> Rainbird
> ?
>
> "...also involved in setting up Freeola"

The very one, Hmmm - I say BT, because of a technical query I had at the time regarding Stargilder. I rang 'technical numbers' and spoke with a chap that admitted that Rainbird was infact part of the then BT Corporation. Never did get a straight answer, but you didn't then - always worked it out for yourself in the end - but nevertheless a brilliant game :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.