GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows 7 and the postal strike"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/10/09 at 00:51
Regular
I pre ordered Windows 7 and it was due to be delivered on Thursday (Launch day) but due to the threat of a postal strike the disk has now been dispatched by courier service and will be deliverd today a whole day early! how cool and brilliant is that?

I have been running the evaluation copy for a while now with no issues at all and boy does it save on battery power on my laptop and start up time is amazing

Digi
Wed 21/10/09 at 00:51
Regular
I pre ordered Windows 7 and it was due to be delivered on Thursday (Launch day) but due to the threat of a postal strike the disk has now been dispatched by courier service and will be deliverd today a whole day early! how cool and brilliant is that?

I have been running the evaluation copy for a while now with no issues at all and boy does it save on battery power on my laptop and start up time is amazing

Digi
Wed 21/10/09 at 00:55
Regular
I've been running the 90 day Enterprise version.

My pre-ordered Home Premium was due to be despatched today (21st) and delivered 26-28th, however, mine has also been couriered as of last night (in transit) and delivery estimates are 22nd.

Since running W7, my CPU has never run cooler. Previously at 55C and now 45C - with the battery plan on high performance..

Neil
Wed 21/10/09 at 01:24
"possibly impossible"
Mine's been sent today as well, but Amazon seem to be sending it by slow mail. I'm still keeping fingers crossed for no strike action!
Wed 21/10/09 at 01:28
Regular
my one is comming from Amazon and acording to tracking is now 50 miles from me and set for delivery in the morning and a never paid for express delivery :)

Have you seen the advert in the web claiming that the snipping tool is new to windows 7 yet it is already in use on Vista
Wed 21/10/09 at 02:29
Regular
I got mine there too and chose free super saver.

On Amazon my tracker says WEB CUSTOMER UK Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

On the Courier site it says WEB CUSTOMER The parcel data has been received.

(Slight exaggeration there I think)

Yeah I've seen the snipping tool before, and in fact used it 5 minutes ago just before reading your latest post.

N.
Wed 21/10/09 at 10:43
"Are you sure?"
Digitrader wrote:
> Have you seen the advert in the web claiming that the snipping
> tool is new to windows 7 yet it is already in use on Vista

Hi Digi,
I saw that in the BBC's taster video but didn't realise someone's saying it in an advert as well!

It is a useful little tool - I remember reading your post on it previously :¬)

The BBC bod also says you had to fiddle about dragging/resizing windows to compare two windows on the screen before W7 - not so; from XP you can select the windows in the task bar (CTRL + LH click) and then RH click to tile vertically or horizontally automatically.

To continue the Windows theme -
BBC In Pictures: Windows into history

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 21/10/09 at 12:03
"possibly impossible"
Just checked mine again, yes you're right it is coming via courier, Excellent. Should be here tomorrow.
Wed 21/10/09 at 14:08
Regular
Hi Hmmm

I must be ancient I have used all those operating systems on that BBC windows through time page :-) and even sadder I actually still have copies of mostt of them in my attic! I still have DOS OS on floppy disk, am not that good though as I dont have any of those big big big floppy disks these days

Digi
Wed 21/10/09 at 15:45
"Are you sure?"
:¬)

How time flys...

I can remember using IBM's DisplayWrite 4 before Word etc. came along. It wasn't very good!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 21/10/09 at 17:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
How about Locoscript still available! I used that on my old Amstrad PCW8256. The used 6mm this 'double sided' floppy disks to load everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.