GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Luis Luis Figo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/07/05 at 18:37
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=290064&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Figo+agrees+Reds+deal&channel=football_home[/URL]

Apologies for starting so many topics, I'll stop now, honest. I just wanted to make it known how much I LOVE this transfer. Luis Figo is a god, we all know this.

And Carra has signed a new contract.

Ooh-hoo-ha-ha, happy happy happy week (since U-Turn Wednesday) for me so far.

Friday - We sign Nesta
Saturday - We sign Rosicky
Sunday - "It was a joke, we haven't really signed you, get out of Melwood, Zenden!"
Mon 11/07/05 at 16:40
Regular
[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=291040&CPID=21&CLID=&lid=2&title=Inter+enter+Figo+chase&channel=football_home[/URL]

If Inter are actually prepared to pay money and we're not, they've basically got him. Gits.

Maybe we should be spending part of that Peter Crouch budget on Figo, Rafa? Hm?
Mon 11/07/05 at 16:35
Regular
What, with Carvalho and Terry obviously the favoured centre-back partnership, Robert Huth not being allowed to leave the club because Jose rates him so highly, Del Horno being brought in at left-back and Wayne Bridge returning to fitness? Combining this with Gallas saying he won't be content to play at left back this season or play a bit-part role, I'm standing by my comment. Occasionally I'd like to see you actually bringing your immense football knowledge to the discussion instead of waiting for a post by me to criticise. But if I bring that much light to your life, by all means, carry on.
Mon 11/07/05 at 16:27
Regular
"Colourless"
Stryke wrote:
> It's not like he'll play anyway at Chelsea.

That shows your footballing knowledge then.....
Mon 11/07/05 at 16:26
Regular
"Colourless"
KOPKING wrote:
> Just found out that Liverpool tried to get Sissoko just before Everton
> finalised the deal and he took the extra money.
Mon 11/07/05 at 14:23
Regular
Where did you read that then? If it's a reputable source, I'll believe you. I doubt Chelsea would've moved for a Valencia waster when they're closing in on Essien.
Mon 11/07/05 at 13:29
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Just found out that Chelsea tried to get Sissoko just before Liverpool finalised the deal and he turned them down. Haha thats two of our midfielders to turn them down in a week.
Mon 11/07/05 at 09:44
Regular
KOPKING wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> True, he has delivered some good through balls and got a few assists
> when he came on as a sub towards the end of last season, but it felt
> to me like he was trying hard to get his first team place back. It's
> not really fair to say that he didn't play much last season, because
> he was a first team regular until the second match with Barca, and
> that was, what, April?
>
> Yeah I suppose so but he is better than Nunez

--

Hot damn, I'm glad you're hear to tell us these things. Luis Figo is better than Nunez? Nah, get out.

--

He is also taking a 30 grand paycut to join so that shows his
> commitment to the cause.

--

He has to settle for £60 grand? What a hero. I hear a medal if forthcoming. Look, Figo will be awesome and I'm pleased to have him, but don't go thinking his paycut shows he's got a Liver Bird tattooed on his gonads.

Anyway, about Reina - I'll love him when/if he shows this form. Blank, you tell me about Sissoko and Reina, I'll believe you. Seeing as you're a big gay who spends his time watching Spanish instead of English footie :)

About William Gallas - now this signing gets me excited. Hell yes, he's a quality centre back and exactly the sort of player we need. ALthough I hear today Upson is more likely. Gallas is a far better player and I think we could get him. It's not like he'll play anyway at Chelsea.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Ant wrote:
> Anyway, Lipe, as far as I know Baptista is a central midfielder, and
> certainly not a striker...not such an impressive smartass comment
> from you this time. :P

Actually, he's an attacking midfielder who quite readily plays as a striker.
Sun 10/07/05 at 23:41
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Blank wrote:
> True, he has delivered some good through balls and got a few assists
> when he came on as a sub towards the end of last season, but it felt
> to me like he was trying hard to get his first team place back. It's
> not really fair to say that he didn't play much last season, because
> he was a first team regular until the second match with Barca, and
> that was, what, April?

Yeah I suppose so but he is better than Nunez and I think could do a decent job for us for a year or two. I hear he is also not as sulky as he appears and even offers the young'uns advice which will also be useful. He is also taking a 30 grand paycut to join so that shows his commitment to the cause.
Sun 10/07/05 at 18:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ant wrote:
> I'd still like a bit of Figo, especially if it's his 'dream' to play
> for us.

I wonder if it was his dream to play for us a couple of years ago. ;-) Bet he woulda told us to sod off. ;-) All the same though, I hope he does come cause I'd love to see the likes of Figo in a Liverpool shirt.

Shows how far we've come when we have players like him interested. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.