GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wimbledon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/06/05 at 11:51
Regular
"Swivel!"
Can Henman really win this year?
Mon 20/06/05 at 20:18
Regular
"bot"
I have no problem with Henman, it's more the people who support him like he's some kind of god. It's the problem with the British media/public in general when it comes to competitions. Unrealistic expectations and the inevitable backlash when nothing is achieved.
Mon 20/06/05 at 21:07
Regular
"0228"
Georgey5 wrote:
> Hes been much better than anyone else we have over the last 10 years

Rusedski has reached a Grand Slam final, Henman hasn't, but still, Henman is better overall with the number of quarter and semi-finals he's reached. He's the richest player to have never won a Grand Slam apparently. I'd love it if he won but like almost everybody else, I don't think it's looking too likely.
Mon 20/06/05 at 22:37
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
JFH wrote:
> I'd love it if he won

I'm not convinced I would be, actually.

Everyone would be like "Tim, you're the greatest!", when, to win, he'll have to get an easy draw, and then catch the big guns on one of their bad days.

Credit where credit's due. But, if Andrew Murray got to the quarter finals, and Henman won the tournament, I would see Murray's achievement as more remarkable.
Mon 20/06/05 at 23:14
Regular
"Colourless"
many goats wrote:
> But, if Andrew Murray got to the quarter
> finals, and Henman won the tournament, I would see Murray's
> achievement as more remarkable.

What balls.
Tue 21/06/05 at 08:56
Regular
"0228"
To win, Henman will more than likely have to beat Roddick in the quarter-finals, Nadal in the semi-finals, and Federer in the final. If he can do that then he's a worthy winner.
Tue 21/06/05 at 10:09
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
*Shouts in annoyingly high and girly, pre-pubescent voice*

"C'mon Tim!"
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:08
Regular
Couple of things in my opinion:

Henman, if he makes it that far, could face a very tough last 16 match to the guy he previously lost to at Wimbledon - Grosjean. Having said that, I think Henman could win a rematch like that. As previously mentioned though, Roddick might follow.

Nadal, I'm not to convinced about. I remember him doing okay at Wimbledon before, but I'm not convinced he's got the grass court talent. He could have some tough matches if he faces Johansson, Mirnyi, Haas, Gasquet or Nalbandian and I don't think he'll progress very far. Having said that, I can't see Spadea or Mantilla putting up much of a fight (not sure about Muller, not seen him play).
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:48
Regular
"0228"
therage79 wrote:
> *Shouts in annoyingly high and girly, pre-pubescent voice*
>
> "C'mon Tim!"

How often are the cries of "C'mon tim!" really that high pitched? I watch and it generally seems like normal people with a varying range of voices, men, women, young, and old. Yes, some are high pitched but an equal number are not.

And 'girly'? Did you ever think that may have something to do with the fact that a lot of women go to Wimbledon? Don't you think it would look just a little odd if the only people in the stands were balding men with beer bellies holding a pint in their hand? It's the only way you'd get the low pitched grunts that you seem to crave.
Tue 21/06/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Yep..gotta love those low pitched grunts!

That reminds me..How is your mum?
Tue 21/06/05 at 12:13
Regular
"0228"
Ba-dum-tch

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.