GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Third Term: A New Hope"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/05/05 at 11:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So Labour are (unsurprisingly) back in. The tories are happy as they've made gains. Libdems are happy for the same reason. Respect are happy because they won a seat. Scots Nationalists are happy for winning a few too.

Everyone (Plaid Cymru excepted) seems happy. And, I suppose, I can see their point. Labour are back, but with a much reduced majority. They wouldn't have been able to push through an awful lot of their legislation in the last parliament had they only had that majority. So Blair now HAS to pay more than lip service to his backbenchers. We might actually have genuine politics back, rather than a series of unpopular measures that ride roughshod over objections.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and to a large extent Labour no longer have that Absolute power. Time will tell whether or not that makes a difference.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So Labour are (unsurprisingly) back in. The tories are happy as they've made gains. Libdems are happy for the same reason. Respect are happy because they won a seat. Scots Nationalists are happy for winning a few too.

Everyone (Plaid Cymru excepted) seems happy. And, I suppose, I can see their point. Labour are back, but with a much reduced majority. They wouldn't have been able to push through an awful lot of their legislation in the last parliament had they only had that majority. So Blair now HAS to pay more than lip service to his backbenchers. We might actually have genuine politics back, rather than a series of unpopular measures that ride roughshod over objections.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and to a large extent Labour no longer have that Absolute power. Time will tell whether or not that makes a difference.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:36
Regular
Labour still won in our area, but Lib Dems gained a 5.5% increase. That's quite a lot, and I'm pretty chuffed at that.

The Legalise Cannabis Alliance got 104 votes too, a 0.3% increase for them, which is.. oh.. 104 more votes than last time. Wouldn't mind their names and addresses, I'd like some prices.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:37
Regular
(I know only the one seat gets in blah blah I'm just glad they're getting more support)
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Still no word on Harlow yet, for some reason. Maybe Veritas got in, and they're too ashamed to admit it?

On a side note, I used to do some photocopying (in a shop) for the local Veritas candidate (he was Tory back then), and he's a sleezy, utterly creepy man. Used to give me the willies. Er...
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Harlow still to be called.
Because the limit of 10 digits per counter makes it very slowly.

What a shock win for Labour...nice to see all the people I spoke to that were "Yeah I'm voting Lib Dem" stuck to their guns eh?
Useless.
The moment I switched off and went to bed was Peter Snow with some idiotic CGI Downing Street and computer mannequins of the 3 leaders in some sort of egg and spoon race simile.
*slow clap*
Gotta make something as dull as an election interesting eh? Have to make sure the dirty proles have entertainment instead of actual discussion and legible charts/polls.

It was like watching Dr Who mixed with Why Don't You and a splash of Trish thrown in for good measure.
Galloway winning was a highlight for me, rowing with Toady Paxman.
"Are you proud of getting rid of one of the few black women in Parliment" was Paxman's 1st question. Nice intelligent debate there Paxman.

Time to build my bunker and stock up with tinned goods.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:58
Regular
How sad am I a sat up untill 4am watching the results come in, a fair result I did vote red but Lib Dems have held this seat since time began and they held onto it. Only 1 Conservative seat in Scotland, thats surely tells you something? I cant think what though. I was shocked at some of the results though, and the names of some of the parties standing, One monster party man got 12 votes! was it wotrh it?
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Spoilt vote really...although if everyone spoilt their votes...
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Mr Blair, who celebrates his 52nd birthday on Friday, said it was clear that "the British people wanted to return a Labour government but with a reduced majority".

He told supporters at a celebration in the National Portrait Gallery in London: "We have got to listen to the people and respond wisely and sensibly." - [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4519863.stm[/URL]
You realise on your 3rd term that you should listen???????
Asshead.

Meanwhile in other news:
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4518915.stm[/URL]
US vehemently deny supplying weapons to paramilitaries in Colombia. Yeah ,they never do that
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Strange, I always thought Galloway was a nasty piece of work, a toady little smug git with a suspicious looking moustache. Guess it stems from my limited knowledge of him - all I know is that photo of him and Saddam, that quote ("I salute your courage..." etc) and a TV debate I saw with him and some other bloke, and the other bloke totally owned him to the point where Galloway kept on harking on about the other guy was probably on drugs because he was so young.

What's the deal with him then?
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> What a shock win for Labour...nice to see all the people I spoke to
> that were "Yeah I'm voting Lib Dem" stuck to their guns
> eh?
> Useless.

Yeah, as I said yesterday, I'd love to know how many bottled at the last moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.