GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Doom pics."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/05/05 at 09:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
[URL]http://www.bereitsgesehen.de/doombild.htm[/URL]

Looks like it's shaping up to be what I expected it to be, a low budget, power station corridor crawl just like every other microbudget post Alien ripoff.

This is going to be a hundredweight of prime turkey. Craptalular.
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
[URL]http://www.bereitsgesehen.de/doombild.htm[/URL]

Looks like it's shaping up to be what I expected it to be, a low budget, power station corridor crawl just like every other microbudget post Alien ripoff.

This is going to be a hundredweight of prime turkey. Craptalular.
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I have this really bad habit of ruining films by imagining the process that goes into making them on a set. That last picture for example: "Now, Dwayne, look angry and shoot at the ceiling for 10 seconds, we'll add the monsters later."
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Also, doesn't anyone ever think they might need some light on Mars? They'd be able to see the monsters coming miles off. Sheesh.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Apparently it's not Mars. And it's not just one soldier panicking with a torch.
It's a squad of gung-ho soljas. And you know Dwayne will be the last survivor against the queen monster. And you know he'll win.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's a PC-friendly gang of whites, Mexicans, blacks, Asians and a lady. I wonder which order they'll die in?
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Gamespy has more details, including character name.
"Sarge" "The Kid" "Destroyer" "John 'Reaper' Grimm"

Meh, you can imagine the dialogue already.
"Sarge, we can't fight these things!"
"C'mon The Kid, don't be scared"
"Grrrr I've killed worse things on Fwapbaaa 2 that time, remember?"
"Destroyer, that was different. We dont know what we're dealing with"
"I do, I'm the science dude"
"Ssss Reaper"

I think I'll be missing this one.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Doom is about a single guy, on Mars, fighting demons. And that's it.

This is about a squad, on Earth or somewhere, fighting alien things

?
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> I think I'll be missing this one.

I've a love of really, really bad movies. Well, not so much a love, more of a masochistic streak. Uwe Bolls "Alone in the Dark" was quite possibly the worst excuse for a movie I have ever seen, and I've seen some total crap.

I'm really looking forward to Doom, ever since I heard they were attempting to make a movie from a woefully shallow video game. Then removed all religious references from it.....
Wed 04/05/05 at 11:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This is still one of the funniest things on the Internet: [URL]http://www.uweboll.com[/URL]

He's like a spoilt kid that takes his football home - if he announces these films, then no-one else can make them.

And just to kick him in the teeth a bit more: [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll[/URL]

Awesome. Awesome to the max. Especially the bit about how he funds his films...
Wed 04/05/05 at 11:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Awesome. Awesome to the max. Expecially the bit about how he funds
> his films...

"Boll is exempt because he funds them under a loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards films that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year."

Ahahahahahahaaaa. That's how he's still churning out these flicks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.