GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One man and his Halo 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 16:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Bought it at midnight opening. Found out what a geek I am when I was getting all competitive at the till, desperate for my copy to be handed to me before anyone else in the shop (succeeded).

Been playing practically non stop and managed 2 hours sleep before going back on... Beat it on easy, now I'm gonna go through on normal and play it on Live later. Then it will be onto Heroic and Legendary difficulties. Might find some space to sleep inbetween it all. But if not then meh.

Love this game. Best. Game. Ever.

More.... Need to play... more...
Sun 14/11/04 at 19:35
Regular
"boom boom click"
getting live in about 3 weeks cant wait!!!!!!!!
Sun 14/11/04 at 18:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Judge wrote:
> Just unlocked the first of the secret extra multiplayer levels
> Foundation, its quite like the wizard level in the first one only
> iits got turrets and a couple of energy swrds, gonna see if i can use
> it againt my mate on link up later

How?
Sun 14/11/04 at 18:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhh, I sworded Tribbers as he was escaping with the flag today.

Played some yanks on Matchmaking with Col/Tribute etc earlier - 1 Flag CTF, and we slaughtered them. I had the sword (again) and the sniper rifle - just kicking their butts. I also had the flag at one point, and a guy cahsed me screaming 'run you b*tch!!! I'lll kick your punk a*s!' So I turned around, lamped him with the flag, and set off again! :D
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Enjoying the vehicle hijacking way too much. ;-) Gotta be careful that I don't start implementing it into real life.

Can picture it now - some bloke on his pedal bike starts riding down a road - so I run out and jump onto the front of it, then swing around and boot him off the seat and ride it off, leaving the bloke rolling into the kerb.
Sun 14/11/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Bah"
Just unlocked the first of the secret extra multiplayer levels Foundation, its quite like the wizard level in the first one only iits got turrets and a couple of energy swrds, gonna see if i can use it againt my mate on link up later
Sun 14/11/04 at 14:36
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Cyclone is a hooker.
Sun 14/11/04 at 14:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've had some great multiplayer moments too. So easy to have them in this game. ;-)

One of the most intense moments I had was on capture the flag. Had a friend of mine playing too (a yank - believe it or not there are some cool yanks around !)
We had a gunner, my mate Aftashox was driving and I was in the passenger seat. As we got upto the base, Shox, swung the warthog around I just jumped out the moving vehicle and ran like a B****** straight for the flag.

The warthog was circling round the base and I was running out the base with 4 players spraying double SMGs at me - could see all the bullets hitting around my feet and past my head. ;-))

I was like "SHOX ! I'M OUT !!! GET OVER HERE MATE !!" As I said that, the warthog has come roaring round and crushed a guy who was ready to fire a rocket at me. While it was still moving at full speed, I managed to jump into the warthog and all 3 of us in it were like "S*** ! GO! GO ! GO!"
Was a cool moment even just for the amount of different ammo flying around us as we escaped. Never seen so many bullets, needles, sniper fire, rockets and plasma shots. ;-))

Also had a couple of games against some yanks that you'd just wanna smack in the face. Had a ranked king of the hill game against 8 of them and as usual they were trash talking the whole time. I was running upto the hill that we'd held for quite awhile, but had just lost to the other side. I had a battle rifle and rocket launcher. Just as I arrived, the last of my team had just been taken out and the whole other team were on this hill - 3 of them in a warthog that had just taken out the last guy.

Before the smack talking prat of a gunner could finish shouting "Wooooooo ! eat that b***h !!!", I slammed a rocket straight into the warthog that not only blew it up and killed the 3 guys on it, but it flew in the air and landed on a 4th guy, crushing him under it. I then fired another rocket which killed another 2 of their team and threw my team mates corpse through the air. Then instead of reloading I switched to the battle rifle, saw the last 2 guys running around through the smoke and carnage.

I threw a frag grenade, which bounced past the first guy but took the second out, then I finished the last guy off with some well placed rifle fire. After that, I took the hill back and we won, just as my team mates arrived shouting "That was so cool !!!"
So I managed to take the hill back single handedly. ;-)) Was proud of myself for quite awhile on that. And of course what did the other team full of yanks think about my shining moment in the game so far ? Did they say "good game !" or "well done" ? Yeah right, you all know better than that. Me and my team checked our stats and stuff under a huge hail of abuse and b***hing.

"F***in retards !!!! You all suck !!! Wah, wah, wah !" Mainly from the mong on the back of that warthog whose trash talk I rudely interupted with a rocket up his japs eye. Never takes long to remember why people like to insert their boot into yanks online...

Oh, and I got a cool kill too on a team slayer level (team as in me and one other guy against 7 smack talking yanks). You know those air lift things that like blow you upwards to the next level in the arena ? Well as a guy shotgunned my team mate, he started smack talking and didn't notice me running up behind him. I meleed the mong right round the back of the skull and as he fell foward, he went flying up the shoot. ;-))
Sat 13/11/04 at 01:11
Regular
"Touched!"
LOL I think I remember that game, it's total chaos! It makes me laugh seeing some of the deaths :D
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:39
Swords are great fun, as is meleeing people.
Sat 13/11/04 at 00:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
lcarus wrote:
> Way too many people take it far too seriously, as if it's a real life
> or death situation. Examples:
>
> "F***, EVERYONE PROTECT ME, I HAVE THE FLAG!!"
>
> "You stupid retard, WHY DIDN'T YOU COVER MY BACK?!?!?"
>
> "Damn, OPEN THE GATE UP BEFORE YOU DRIVE IN YOU IDIOT"
>
> Capitals where they were shouting.

True - same with every team game ever in the history of humanity. I like to play the game seriously and do get quite worked up, but I usually just laugh and then sword the people who killed me while screaming crazily. Tis fun. ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.