GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto Advance'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Anyone got the GTA Advance game yet, and is it any good? I may pick up a second hand SP if it is, should have kept my old one, damn.
Wed 17/11/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It is a good game, yes. I bought it just after release.

With visuals based on the basics of the first couple of PlayStation GTA games, and a story more 'driven' like the one from GTA3, or so I'm told.

It's as enjoyable as the original was, only, now there's more to it. Get past the could-be-slightly-better appearence of the game and the handling (at times), and you can easily fall in love with it.

Though, there's no way it could compare to a fully-3D version, now we have three of them available across several formats.

It is original. It is all-new. It is NOT ~I repeat, NOT~ a simple re-release (after all, Rockstar aren't Nintendo, and this is not a SNES game! ;) )
Tue 16/11/04 at 19:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> GTA is a great game.

My personal opinion of San Andreas is not a very high one which is what I was saying.

>
> If Rockstar developed a Nintendo edition of GTA, with added Nintendo
> iconography we'd all buy it.
>
> And rant about it.

See the other thread.. no point posting same stuff twice.
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Or you could just get it for PS2 anyway
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:38
Regular
GTA is a great game.

If Rockstar developed a Nintendo edition of GTA, with added Nintendo iconography we'd all buy it.

And rant about it.
Tue 16/11/04 at 14:21
Regular
"hit the road jack"
tphi wrote:
> Lou Role wrote:
> It's terribly poor
>
> It's almost like you're describing San Andreas..

Minus the fun.
Mon 15/11/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Each to his own. Anyway I've played GTA now and it's just as good as any other GTA game I've played, enjoying it so far.
Mon 15/11/04 at 23:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Lou Role wrote:
> It's terribly poor

It's almost like you're describing San Andreas..
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
It's terribly poor, the camera just doesn't work and makes everything impossibly awkward, and just spoils everything.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Lou Role wrote:
> Anyway I bought The Getaway 2 today, so I may just take that back and
> put the cash towards the SP.

Sorry to go off-topic but why are you taking The Getaway 2 back? Whats wrong with it?

I haven't played it, thats why I wanna know.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Got the tribal SP with GTA today. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though, still at work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.