GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timothy Dalton"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/04/05 at 19:51
Regular
The Living Daylights on tonight at 8:30. Forgotten which channel, probably ITV. Whatever Licence To Kill was on last week.

Point of this post being = Does anyone else think Dalton wasn't that bad? Probably just me, but I preferred him to camp-o Moore. Obviously not as good as Connery or Brosnan, but still good.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:51
Regular
The Living Daylights on tonight at 8:30. Forgotten which channel, probably ITV. Whatever Licence To Kill was on last week.

Point of this post being = Does anyone else think Dalton wasn't that bad? Probably just me, but I preferred him to camp-o Moore. Obviously not as good as Connery or Brosnan, but still good.
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:02
Regular
It's on ITV 1 (channel 3) It's quite a long 'un aswell - goes on 'till half 11

Dalton wasn't that bad a Bond, had a more 'realistic' approach to the Bond series, in terms of his appearance and attitude. He was more believable as a secret agent than Moore.

Moore wasn't that camp and was a good Bond, arguably one of the best, but something about him wasn't quite 'right', if you undertstand what I'm saying...

Connery was of course the most famous Bond and was apparently described by Flemming himself as " Looking like the man he had written about ", having read some of the books, though, I feel Brosnan was the one who felt (to me) most like Bond should look.

Living Daylights isn't that bad a film, not as memorable as some of the more recent, adrenaline & SFX, charged films, and equally not one of the greats, but still an entertaining few hours.

As they're working backwards, that Lazenby film will be coming up next - ach! I didn't think Lazenby was a dreadful Bond, and the acting wasn't that bad, just a bit wooden and O.H.M.S.S was just generally a dull film

In conclusion Yeah, tonight's film should be good and Dalton is quite a good Bond, better than one or two of the others (Lazenby ... and Lazenby)

N.B I don't care if I've spelt Lazenby's name wrong, he isn't important enough for me to correct it
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:13
Regular
"8==="
Best Bond Film: Living Daylights

and you can't have the best film without the best bond.

The movie is fantastic.
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:19
Regular
"0228"
Best: Moore, Connery, Dalton, Brosnan, Lazenby.
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:27
Regular
"8==="
Lazenby did the best fist-fights though.
Fri 01/04/05 at 21:15
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
JFH wrote:
> Best: Moore, Connery, Dalton, Brosnan, Lazenby.

Exactly..I think Brosnan is a joke, he's a really bad actor and the last 3 films before Die Another Day were rubbish. Die Another day was great but the scene where 007 was surfing were like comparing Sega Megadrive graphics to Xbox graphics.
Fri 01/04/05 at 21:16
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Zeus said:

It's on ITV 1 (channel 3) It's quite a long 'un aswell - goes on 'till half 11

Thats because ITV have silly news updates in the middle of your film : (
Fri 01/04/05 at 21:47
Regular
Yup, better than Moore.
Fri 01/04/05 at 21:53
Regular
SnoopDogg wrote:

> Exactly..I think Brosnan is a joke, he's a really bad actor and the
> last 3 films before Die Another Day were rubbish. Die Another day was
> great

Excuse me? Die Another Day was the worst film, I'm afraid your opinion no longer counts *spits* ...

> like comparing Sega Megadrive graphics to Xbox graphics.

Mentioning Xbox redeems you :D

Only ... not in this thread, your Bond taste is poor
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:08
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Zeus wrote:
> SnoopDogg wrote:
>
> Exactly..I think Brosnan is a joke, he's a really bad actor and the
> last 3 films before Die Another Day were rubbish. Die Another day
> was
> great
>
> Excuse me? Die Another Day was the worst film, I'm afraid your
> opinion no longer counts *spits* ...

Very true. Basically Brosnan's Bond films got worse as they went along.

Goldeneye - Excellent
Tomorrow Never Dies - Ok
The World Is Not Enough - Average at best.
Die Another Day - Really quite crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.