GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Registering an SR league on the F12001 site"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/05/01 at 10:40
Regular
When you register for f12001 lap timews competition, it asks you to enter a team name, you can compare your scores against other people with the same team name.

I registered the team name: SR challenge
Pin no: 9R3eRw3

Put in these details and lets get going!!

P.S. If you have already registered you can edit your profile and add these in!!
Tue 29/05/01 at 11:42
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
ok, ok, I've done it now...sorry if your just about to reply. Setup my own team and then changed to the SR Challenge.
Tue 29/05/01 at 11:11
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Has anyone had any problems registering on the sony website?

I've put a valid email address and username etc but just comes up saying

"Error! One or more of the fields are either required and empty, or have invalid data."

Help, cos I wanna post a time there!
Mon 28/05/01 at 16:10
Regular
The PS2 is the first console that anyone has been able to pull this off properly on. The bootom of the car hits the track on this part of the straight if you don't take the very narrow route through, but it doesn't make all that much difference to your lap time as if you make it you more often than not get all out of shape in the mini chicane at the top.

adrian wrote:
> Has anyone had a Failure in F1 2001. e.g. a Engine explode or tyre
> bust out. Iam going to post a few times up, have to practise on the
> track a little. have you noticed that the PS1 times are lower than
> the PS2. I think this is becuase when you go in to O rouge(The up
> hill coner straight)The PS2 version has you stop accelerating. I
> have never noticed this in any other F1 game I dont think. This is
> due to the enhanced Physics of the PS2.
Sat 26/05/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
How can you get a really good start with automatic gears. You cant rev the engine up. You do and it goes and you get black flagged. Manual gears is easy to start but i have not started well in auto. If you wait till the lights everyone gets ahead if you start at the back or grid 2 gets past if your on pole. I've tried to use the clutch button but it doesnt seem to do much. Can some one help please.
Sat 26/05/01 at 19:05
Nomad I too have now had to resort to cutting the corners that I can.....but still 5 seconds slower than the fastest on Sonys site!!
Sat 26/05/01 at 14:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Has anyone had a Failure in F1 2001. e.g. a Engine explode or tyre bust out. Iam going to post a few times up, have to practise on the track a little. have you noticed that the PS1 times are lower than the PS2. I think this is becuase when you go in to O rouge(The up hill coner straight)The PS2 version has you stop accelerating. I have never noticed this in any other F1 game I dont think. This is due to the enhanced Physics of the PS2.
Sat 26/05/01 at 11:14
Regular
My game store had it last weekend, they weren't allowed to sell it though, but they had one out on their display machine for people to play.

adrian wrote:
> I was wondering as people who ordered the game though SR had it last
> weekend. I ordered mine Monday and it came on Wednesday, but Jive
> and I think a few others were going to buy it from another shop like
> EB today. Did SR get the game one week ahead of the release date?
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Well they dop send them out prior to release as they get to us on release date. But Iam sure they are not allowed to send them out so the reach us the day before. Iam not complaining as I love getting the games a day in advance.
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
Your right, something has been said about not being alowed to send the games out prior to the release date.
Fri 25/05/01 at 22:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I am not complaining about getting games early. But iam sure the staff have posted a message or something about this before. I would gladly like all games to be deleived to me a day or 2 before the release. Thats one reason I buy all my games from SR. They are cheaper than in the shops the game always get to me on the release date or a day or 2 ahead. Its better than trying to go to the shops and buying a game for £44.99 when I can get the game before the shops open at £36.99.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.