GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 100 Video Games Of All Time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/02/05 at 21:28
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I really do apologise if this has been done over and over again, but watched the Cartoon's greatest yesterday and wondered what the top 100 video games would be as voted for by you guys. Yes there has been "best games ever threads" etc... but what about a top 100.

Over the next few weeks, I will be asking people on many forums what their favourite video games are and on the final deadline I will total up all the votes and display the results on the web. Hopefully this will work as I reckon it will be interesting.

Don't worry by the way, I will only ask on general forums and not PS2 or Gamecube only ones. Now here's how it will work:

You can pick any video game of past and present but only once. You pick your ten favourite video games and list them giving a little comment on why if you can and please write the format of it too. (Snes, Mega Drive, PS1, X Box etc…) Games that have been released yearly like Smackdown or FIFA will count as only one overall game. So if you prefer Pro Evo 4 over Pro Evo 3 then it will count as a Pro Evo vote overall.

Each game you vote for will be given a point and the games with the highest points will be entered into the top 100 video games.

Mario Bros. 3, Pong, Metal Gear Solid, FIFA, Sonic The Hedgehog, Halo, Pacman you name it. I hope you will take this serious, and I will post newer details on deadline when I can.
Wed 02/03/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
I thought that at the time. I've kept all of the boxes for my SNES, Gameboy and N64 games.

Best one:

Super Metroid Box for SNES: It was huge!!
Wed 02/03/05 at 16:00
Regular
I got the SF2 turbo package. Bit annoying that they didnt give you a box for the cart.
Wed 02/03/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
Originally It was packaged with Super Mario World.

A year or so later they repackaged with SM Allstars and SF2 Turbo, as well as the SMW pack.

My SNES (My in rest in piece in my loft) is the SMW package).

I think that SMW would have had more sold carts if it hadn't been packaged with the system, but Kart would have been a very close second.

Oooh, I want to add Tetris to that list.

There are too many classics.
Wed 02/03/05 at 15:49
Regular
"lets go back"
God wrote:
>

>
> Mario Kart Series: Best Selling SNES Game (Only Super Mario World had
> more catridges in circulation, because it was free with the system).
>
>

But Mario World may have sold more if it wasnt free with the console. I guess we'll just never know.

I didnt even get Mario with mine I got Street Fighter 2 Turbo. And I thought the Mario package was Mario All Stars, no Mario World
Wed 02/03/05 at 15:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Resident Evil 4
Zelda: OOT
Metroid Prime
Mario 64

etc
Wed 02/03/05 at 15:45
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
I know i'm only allowed 10, but I want to add Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Championship Manager 2 anyway.
Wed 02/03/05 at 15:43
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
The Super Mario Series Of Games: The Best Platformers Ever, the pinnacle of which was SM64

Doom: Although Not The First, It Was The Break-Through 3rd Person Shooter

International Superstar Soccer Deluxe: The Best Football Game I Have Ever Played. Now Surpassed By the likes of Pro Evo, This was the best footie game for the Mega Drive and SNES

Goldeneye: Introduced 'Real' Multiplayer Games To The Console World

720 Degrees: My Personal C64 Favourite

Sim City: Hours of Wasted Time. And hundreds of disaters.

Command And Conquer: Simplified Controls So That Real Time Warfare became popular.

Splinter Cell Series: My personal xbox favourite, redefined the 'stealth' genre. Although linear it presented many challenging tasks and outdid MGS ten-2-one on the playability.

Mario Kart Series: Best Selling SNES Game (Only Super Mario World had more catridges in circulation, because it was free with the system).

GTA Series: Its huge maps and free roaming gameplay helped create a legend. GTA 3 enforced it. I must say though, its beginning to look tired now, SA does very little to improve except give you more missions and more things to collect (oh joy).
Wed 02/03/05 at 15:38
Regular
"you've got a beard"
1) Super Mario World (SNES)
2) Super Mario Kart (SNES)
3) Final Fantasy 7
4) Sensible Soccer (Amiga)
5) Rez
6) Streetfighter 2 (mainly SNES, but SF3 on dreamcast is also amazing)
7) Gangster Town (C64)
8) The GTA Ssries (but mostly the first one on PSone)
9) Ikaruga (DC)
10) Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (PC)

the nearly brigade:
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 (PSone), The Smackdown games (PSone/PS2), Viewtiful Joe (GC), Olympic Soccer(PSone), Fifa 98 (PSone), Turrican 2 (C64), Ninja Remix (C64), Sanxion (C64), Dominator (C64)
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:43
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Bet you were a Kick Off fanboy weren't you? Get out my sight
> blasphemer!!!! :-D

hah, the plastic bouncy pitches on kick off were legendary. I remember long balls somtimes bounced straight over the keepers :D
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hmmm, 10 games... Okay, here are my personal favourites.

Sonic (in all his various games, consoles appearances etc) - Sonic was the character that really started my interest in gaming. Sonic games are now always a must buy and I enjoy them.

Sensible Soccer - Stunning in it's simplicity.

Transport Tycoon - My first PC game that I played. Loved it and still love it today.

The Grand Prix series (Amiga/PC) - I think my favourites were the first 2 but they are probably the best Grand Prix games, especially with a steering wheel.

Settlers - I remember I only had a demo of it on the Amiga for a long time and I spent hours and hours playing it.

Virtual Pool - Probably the best set of pool games I've ever played.

Championship Manager - Spent many an hour playing this.

Gran Turismo - Probably the only reason (at the time) I had to buy a PS2. Gran Turismo 2 is my favourite. Hopefully 4 will be just as good.

Monkey Island - Classic set of games.

GTA - I think GTA 3 is the best but I played the first one to death and enjoyed the others. London was a bit easy I thought.

There are so many more I could mention but I think these represent the most amount of time spent over the years and the most enjoyment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.