GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/11/04 at 21:44
Regular
Hello there.

I'm interested in selling my Xbox, in exchange for something new and probably cheaper.

I'm a little unsure about this "Nintendo DS" lark however; is it the next step up from the GBA or what? Or is it some sort of 'novelty extra' like the GBASP was when that was released?

Yes, I should be crawling google, but to be honest, you guys know your stuff and it'd be a great help to understand what this DS thing is.

I guess I've been kind of out of touch with this whole gaming thing, but I've only really heard a few snippets of information about this DS lark; no one seems to be making a big deal out of it.
Tue 23/11/04 at 23:00
Regular
March time? Jesus christ thats insane!

I thought it'd be like ready for Christmas or something.

Looks like it'll have to be a re-think of strategy on this one then, my xbox is de-valueing every day.
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:57
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> A European release hasn't been confirmed yet

Hasn't it now. That's funny I thought it had.

FOOL :P
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:56
Regular
March time. Import it from America. It's region free.
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:55
"period drama"
A European release hasn't been confirmed yet - but it's out in the US this week (might be today, I think - soon anyway).
Lots of people here are importing.
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:49
Regular
Eh?

When does it come out over here?

I can't seem to find any indication on websites as to when it is being released!
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:06
Regular
Meh, I think I'll go for it.

Sounds pretty cool.
Tue 23/11/04 at 15:49
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:

> It's what Dringo said about it being "separate" from the
> GBA franchise that was a little off putting.

The reason is the GBA SP will continue to exist besides it and the DS will probably still be selling around the launch of the next GBA.

The NDS has someting like 150 games currently planned with a lot of quality titles coming from Nintendo. There is wireless chat avalible from it too which is nice.

Wario Ware, Zelda Four Swords, Mario Brothers 4, Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime Hunters, Nintendogs, a few original titles, Yoshi's touch and Go, Super Peach (or something)....

Rather a few titles from Nintendo. I've probably missed a few biggies but there are some titles due from SEGA, Namco (Ridge Racer, Pac Pik's oh yes), Capcom (viewtiful Joe), SQUARE (Final Fantasy III and Crystal Chronicles) Konami, EA (lots), Hudson and so on and so forth.

Well worth it from my stand point.
Tue 23/11/04 at 13:17
Regular
They usually do :D

Anyway, there's only one game I would want to play from the GB/GBC catalogue - Metal Gear Solid. I loved that little cartridge of joy.
Tue 23/11/04 at 12:38
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Well it plays most GBA games anyway, so you wouldn't miss out entirely
> on the GBA catalogue.

Except for the GB/GBC back catalogue!

But I have a distinct feeling there will be some sort of adapter or something similar to let you play them.

Lik-sang will come up with the goods.
Tue 23/11/04 at 12:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Damn you, I want one now.

Possibly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.