GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Green day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/01/05 at 18:25
Who thinks Green Day are an Amazing band?
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Dude Ranch
> (which is still their best album for me) again.

YES!

THANK GOD YOU SAID THAT!

:-)

I agree wholeheartedly, although Always on the new album is really nice.
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:21
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Paradox: wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
>
> lidicrous.
>
> :-D

.. curses! :D
(fixed that now)
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:20
Regular
"you've got a beard"
interesting. i said pretty much the same thing about the new blink material as well :)
Blink have definitely been taken more towards a Box Car Racer sound by the songwriters (i guess they're insisting we hear that style whether we like it or not :) ) and the new stuff isn't for everyone, but i've got respect for them for making new music that may lose them some followers and gain others, than i would if they'd just released 14 tracks of fart-jokes and girlfriend songs like on Dude Ranch (which is still their best album for me) again.
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
Very_Metal wrote:

> lidicrous.

:-D
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:15
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've overheard my sister playing it but I can't seem to bond with it.

It seems to slot aimlessly into the newfangled indie uprising because it isn't blatant punk rock. It's lost it's roots, much like blink's new album did, only that worked. Ish.
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
> They DONT have political opinions though, they're just following the
> "OMG BUSH IS GAY" trend which began about 5 years ago and
> they've been too high on Smarties to catch on sooner.

to suggest they don't have political opinions is ludicrous. they're people living in a country more caught up in politics now than ever. If they'd just released Dookie over and over, you'd be complaining about how they're just singing about the same things. people get older, focus shift and if you're an artist or musician, this will be reflected in your work. Of course it won't be to everyones tastes, but a shift in material also usually means a shift in demographic. If you didn't like American Idiot, then fair enough, but that doesn't make it a bad album. This album certainly seems to be for Green Day what "Load" was for Metallica, people seem to be quite divided on it.
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:14
The american idiot album is quite good but there is a few rubbish songs on it but most are good
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
> You're a tasteless Emo kid.

a resounding "no"

> Go and cut yourself and cry about your middle-class suburban
> white-boy opression.

hehe, the "i hate the world" days are long behind me mate.

American Idiot needs a few listens to get into, but some of the music on beautifully crafted. I agree that it doesn't stand up as well as some of their previous work, but it's not a bad record at all, not by a long shot.
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
They DONT have political opinions though, they're just following the "OMG BUSH IS GAY" trend which began about 5 years ago and they've been too high on Smarties to catch on sooner.
Mon 17/01/05 at 19:07
Regular
"\\"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Emitime wrote:
>
> American Idiot sucked.... Balls.... Big ones.
>
> single: a bit
> album: not at all, it was great.

Nah. Single was bad. Album was dreadful (-St Jimmi... That was it's only redeeming song).

> Green Day are of a consistantly high standard, regardles of style
> changes or the opinions of the "OMG!! how dare they hav ne
> political opinions.. wtf?? omg!" brigade.

Nah. Just the music on American Idiot was dreadful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.