GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meanwhile, back in Iraq"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/01/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
You remember Iraq? The place where over 100,000 civilians are thought to have been killed since the war was declared to be over? The land we went to liberate from oppression and torture by...well, oppressing and torturing them?

Remember why we went there? "Evildoers! Big Guns!! Huge Bombs!! Nuclear and Biological Apocalypse! 45 minutes until DOOMSDAY!!!"

Well, alas it's now been confirmed that the whole raison d'etre for the war was a fantasy on a par with anything Tolkein wrote.

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1389370,00.html[/URL]

And cue and increasingly bovine public not giving a damn about brown people suffering, just so long as they get their petrol and tax cuts innit?
Fri 14/01/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
I think the more contravertial (spelt wrong i know) issue is the fact that Tony.B and Bush are being seen as heros for donating money to the tsunami thing, diverting attention away from the massacre they created in Iraq, trying put a out a good impression of themselves.

Fortunately, alot of people have seen through this, and the hatred for both leaders is increasing, thank god.
Sat 15/01/05 at 08:56
Regular
"Don't let me down"
ShortyUK wrote

>I think the more contravertial (spelt wrong i know) issue is the fact that Tony.B and Bush are being seen as heros for donating money to the tsunami thing, diverting attention away from the massacre they created in Iraq, trying put a out a good impression of themselves.

[URL]http://www.voanews.com/english/2005-01-14-voa7.cfm[/URL]

They stop one aid because they can't catch indicted war crimes fugitives. Well, let me tell you Bush, your a war criminal. The people who need it most in Serbia arn't getting the funds they need because of a hypocrite in power who's guilty of doing almost the same thing but with yourself.

So there 3 year $100 million economic package depends on which bad guys they catch. So what thought has gone into the people who need it most? None, they dont care.
Sat 15/01/05 at 12:14
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
Sad but true.

Anyone or any country which wishes to stand up against the playground bully (America) will be ignored or not taken seriously, and the only way for them to be at least acknowledged is by means of force/war. That makes me angry because America in a sense is aggrivating everyone, and when they try to stand up against them, they get beaten into submission.

America has the dominance over the world. But i can see a point down the road where countries like the UK will just turn around and say "get bent" to the USA. If we were to goto war with them, the good ol SAS would kick the USA's slack jawed yolk'le troops. They have numbers, we have skill.
Sun 16/01/05 at 23:57
Regular
I think the saddest moment of my life was when, as I passed from childhood to adulthood, I realised that adults were not imparted with endless wisdom, maturity and clarity of thought. In fact they are no different to children except for the experience accrued during their additional time on the planet.

When you look at the world in that way, you realise these so called world leaders are no different to you or me, and are compelled to act due to any random whim or state of mind they find themselves in. Sure, there are rules to be adhered to, but these rules can, as is now evident, be manipulated. The people steering the good ship Earth are no more qualified to do it, than an amateur philosopher. Knowing this invalidates any respect I may have had for these people, any allegiance to their ideas that I am supposed to have, and any confidence in the direction our confused way of life is heading in.

It's difficult to find any single event that has occured in recent times, or identify any positive action taken by so called 'world leaders', that suggests things will improve in the future.

I am available for childrens parties, by the way.
Mon 17/01/05 at 01:40
Regular
"be happy"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> When you look at the world in that way, you realise these so called
> world leaders are no different to you or me, and are compelled to act
> due to any random whim or state of mind they find themselves in.

The invasion of Iraq was far from a random whim, but more a small part of the US's continuing bid for world domination, which has been going on for decades. Many commentators on the left are saying it was a good thing Bush was re-elected, becoz he's such a f---wit.

If the invasion had been managed successfully they may have gone on to Iran, and who knows where else by now. Kerry would have continued this policy of 'liberal interventionism', but with more support from the 'international community', and in a more subtle and covert manner.

I think what Brown is trying to do with 3rd world debt at the moment is an encouraging sign, and the improved awareness of the public, as regards world politics, the environment, etc, is another cause for optimism. I haven't given up on the human race just yet
Mon 17/01/05 at 11:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Why isn't the entire world's population giving George Bush one massive dead leg right now?
Mon 17/01/05 at 15:01
Regular
"The Voice of Reason"
Keep posting on this subject folks - with a general Election pending we MUST NOT forget!!!!
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4178655.stm[/URL]

*seethe*
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4178655.stm[/URL]
>
> *seethe*

"Mr Bush said there was no need to hold any of his officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgements in pre-war planning or managing the aftermath."

Yup, that's me absolutely foaming now.
Mon 17/01/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Part of me admires the absolute sheer balls it takes to be that dishonest honestly.
Not even a pretence of trying to be covert, just that retard "hyuck hyuck hyuck" smirk and saying "Nope, never gonna do anything about it"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.