GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meanwhile, back in Iraq"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/01/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
You remember Iraq? The place where over 100,000 civilians are thought to have been killed since the war was declared to be over? The land we went to liberate from oppression and torture by...well, oppressing and torturing them?

Remember why we went there? "Evildoers! Big Guns!! Huge Bombs!! Nuclear and Biological Apocalypse! 45 minutes until DOOMSDAY!!!"

Well, alas it's now been confirmed that the whole raison d'etre for the war was a fantasy on a par with anything Tolkein wrote.

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1389370,00.html[/URL]

And cue and increasingly bovine public not giving a damn about brown people suffering, just so long as they get their petrol and tax cuts innit?
Thu 13/01/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
You remember Iraq? The place where over 100,000 civilians are thought to have been killed since the war was declared to be over? The land we went to liberate from oppression and torture by...well, oppressing and torturing them?

Remember why we went there? "Evildoers! Big Guns!! Huge Bombs!! Nuclear and Biological Apocalypse! 45 minutes until DOOMSDAY!!!"

Well, alas it's now been confirmed that the whole raison d'etre for the war was a fantasy on a par with anything Tolkein wrote.

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1389370,00.html[/URL]

And cue and increasingly bovine public not giving a damn about brown people suffering, just so long as they get their petrol and tax cuts innit?
Thu 13/01/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I can't help shake that feeling that we've been manipluated by our government, and went to war on a lie to be honest...........
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:31
"High polygon count"
Yeah, but... like... we need their oil for heating and... stuff. They don't, cos it's always hot out there. And they don't drive cars, they ride donkeys.
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yet I'd be the villain for assassinating Blair & Bush.

Lying scum, and some of us have been saying it from the git-go, whereas neo-con facist tools like Belldandy swore blind and called us Communists.
I bet Blair is thanking Mamon that the tsunami swept Iraq and these stories from the news.
Thu 13/01/05 at 20:41
Regular
"be happy"
Yes, Blair and Bush are loving it that Iraq is off the main agenda. The WMD threat, the main excuse for the slaughter of thousands of innocent Iraqis, is now OFFICIALLY bullsh*t. But most people will have missed the story.

Makes me sick, they want the world to see them as generous life-savers, organizing the relief effort, while the towns-people of Fallujah still have no homes to return to, no running water, electricity, etc, after their monstrous illegal bombing.

The US-led economic sanctions of Iraq caused deaths equivalent to 10 asian tsunamis, but there was no public response to that. The whole of Iraq lies in virtual ruins, but its far more palletable to show us pictures of a natural disaster than one caused by the people who run our country
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Aren't the elections very soon?

Why no news?

Actually, I lie, I have heard tiny snippets of various car bombs killing lots of people. Lovely.
Fri 14/01/05 at 14:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Light wrote:
> And cue and increasingly bovine public not giving a damn about brown
> people suffering, just so long as they get their petrol and tax cuts
> innit?

Its not that I don’t give a damn, its just that I have the tsunami victims to worry about now - their suffering is new and interesting, whilst the Iraq's suffering is old and boring.
Fri 14/01/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
And the government wonders why everyone hates them.

If i ever met Tony Blair i would pull his ears off.

If i ever met George Bush i would pull his head off. Ugly as a monkey.
Fri 14/01/05 at 16:45
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Its not that I don’t give a damn, its just that I have the tsunami
> victims to worry about now - their suffering is new and interesting,
> whilst the Iraq's suffering is old and boring.

This is the exact thing the Media has done, it's aimed it's programming at people with this sort of attitude.

I don't wish to disrespect the people who lost their lifes to the tsunami, but lets get facts straight here.

Seen any news about Iraq on television recently? Thought not, You see, the media has become bored of the whole thing and the tsunami happened at the time when they could jump and bite their teeth into.
Fri 14/01/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yep.
Just like the "outrage" of beheadings. Which continue. It's just not Brits at the moment.
Just like the carbombings which continue.
And give it a week, the tsunami wil be soooo January.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.