GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars: IT IS ALL OVER!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 20:08
Regular
Sorry to be so truthful. But being realistic, the Console wars is over before the damn thing has even begun!
Nintendo Gamecube of course is dominating the news without even showing anything officially, which is saying something.
And what have we to look forward to for the X-BOX and PS2, apart from HALO, GT3, Metal Gear 2?????
Boring stuff indeed!
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Console wars over?? Bo**ocks. The GC looks good, but I've noticed that the pics don't look much better than the PS2 graphics.

Oh yeah, try looking at some of the games scheduled for release for PS2.

I don't think it's over, not by a long shot.
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
TheMorrigan wrote:

> Nintendo Gamecube of
> course is dominating the news without even showing anything
> officially, which is saying something.

You are a gimp, aren't you. You could say the very same thing about the PS2, and quite a lot of games.

Everyone thought the CW was over before it had begun with the vastly more powerful N64, but looky looky!

They are called "GAMES consoles" because people buy them to play GAMES. Ultimately, it will be the games that decide who wins the CW, and you will have to wait about 5 years to learn the outcome.
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:48
Regular
"everyone says it"
and guess what guys

'WHAT ER-NO??'

After Dark is still to come...

...hyperventilating...

oh my god, this has to be the best ever launch, ever, ever, ever....
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:46
"possibly impossible"
mmmm! Diddy kong pilot with motion tilt control. Now that's what I call a handheld games machine.

My brain went into overload when I saw the Gamecube and GBA games releases from E3. It's never going to be the same again, gamecube here we come!
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Microsoft themselves have said $299 so it's not a rumour.

Check the link:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/ stories/news/0,10870,2761182,00.html

The space to be removed is just before 'stories'.
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
It won't be $299.00, ha with that price and a Geforce3 Crappysoft will be losing soooo much money....

....ha ha, and yet the GC looks better and better at £160 in Europe..

...what is a PS2?
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Time_Warp wrote:
> My advice to you smoked kipper is to... get a DC!!

I've got one. Had it quite a while now and very happy with it. But look at what we have been given to behold. Just look? Have you looked yet? Why not? Stop reading my drivel and go and look. Now!

A few GameCube previews and the world (rightly) goes mad with excitement. Microsoft has announced the XBox will be out in America in November (the 8th I think it was) for $299 an nobody seems to care.

You looked at the GC stuff yet?
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:27
Yeah, I'm glad they're not making the same mistake as they did with the N64
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have a DC, but the Gamcube's launch titles are like heaven on earth, look at them, I wouldn't care if it was just one of them....

...just one.....but 12.... oh. suit me...
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mmmmmm... GameCube *drool*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.