GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you all donate some fairy liquid..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/01/05 at 12:47
Regular
...apparently there's thousands of people washing up on the beach in Indonesia...

Wonders if this has been put up before...
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:55
Regular
"long time"
i think you ladies should put your hand bags away before someone gets hurt! :)
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I guess this comes down to a time and a place?

Whether the joke was funny or not seems irrelevant, as does whether the joke was (or was not) in good taste - the forums users don’t seem to be looking for this kind of thing, seems best to respect their wishes and either adapt or move on?

Can’t say I’ve ever punched someone for making a racist, sexist, 9/11 joke - can’t say that I condone it either (either the punching or the joke). But I liked hearing other peoples views on the action.

The fine line of acceptable immorality whether social or personal is always a tricky subject - certainly good to see as many peoples points of view as possible
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:51
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Your Honour wrote:

> Actually, I can name a person - Mother Teresa.
>
> :-p

And you know that one of her motivations wasn't to improve her chances of getting to heaven because...
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My objection is that I didn't find it funny, end of story.

And I could well be wrong, but I get the impression that YH posted it expecting "lol" etc, but instead has been met with general hostility and has become aggressively defensive about why people shouldn't tell him not to put such humour here.
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:47
Regular
Light wrote:
> Name any action, any single act of charity or kindness whatsoever in
> the whole history of the world, that you couldn't say that about.

Actually, I can name a person - Mother Teresa.

:-p
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:46
Regular
Light wrote:
> Name any action, any single act of charity or kindness whatsoever in
> the whole history of the world, that you couldn't say that about.

True. And Sheepy is right I guess, it doesn't matter why people give, as long as they do.

I just have a feeling that in another couple of weeks the media will move on, the giving will stop, and there'll still be a helluva lot of work to do...
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:43
Regular
Vampyr wrote:
> i agree, it is very rare that someone would sacrifice somthing not for
> personal gain

It's almost as rare to find a situation where they'd need to though, so nothing wrong with that. :-)
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:41
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Your Honour wrote:

> Anyway, let's face it, most people only give to make themselves feel
> better. Not all, but most.

Name any action, any single act of charity or kindness whatsoever in the whole history of the world, that you couldn't say that about.
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:41
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
i agree, it is very rare that someone would sacrifice somthing not for personal gain
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:40
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Don't go making sweeping generalisations YH, you don't know who gave
> to charity before this event or if people did actually care.

> I understand what you mean but there are worse bandwaggons than
> people donating to charity.

I completely agree with you. It's like people saying "If you don't register every single disaster, you're not allowed to discuss any of them".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.