GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading through the religious threads..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm astonished at how many of these "good" christians have done absolutely nothing more than scream hatred at anyone who dares question their beliefs. Looking at Ant, Forest Fan, and Fozz's, responses, they are uniform in their smug "I'm better than you, and I'm going to heaven and you'll all suffer eternal torment" tone.

What's more, once they've finished screeching their messages of loathing at anyone who doesn't believe what they believe, they tend not to bother thinking about it any further; the respond, then run away. They demand everyone listen to what they have to say, and refuse to extend the same courtesy to others.

Is it just me, or is this behavior...well, rather unchristian? What happened to Jesus' teachings of humility? Turning the other cheek? What happened to the idea of learning about oneself by trying to understand the nature of God? Seems to me that these people have absolutely nothing whatsoever in common with any of the ideals of the Christian faith. I'd go so far as to say that they're only interested in their faith insomuch as it makes them feel rather superior to others. And I always thought pride was a sin.

Anyway, merry xmas to you all.
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im my mind god cannot exist.

It just does not compute.
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:45
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Light wrote:
> Anyway, merry xmas to you all.

Hardeth har har...
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:47
Regular
"cachoo"
Don't make this about you.. :-p
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:48
Regular
"For One Night Only"
;^)

No harm in trying...
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:52
Ms NY wrote:

> The "you have to believe it to see it" quote cropped up a
> few times from them, too.

But he hasn't seen God either...

Stupid religious people.
Tue 21/12/04 at 22:15
"period drama"
Light wrote:
> Have fun. I haven't figured it out myself. I tend to learn as I go.
> It's rather more honest that way in my opinion.

Indeed. I can't see how you'd do it any other way.

That's one of my main problems with mass religions - how can someone just go "Yeah, okay ... I'll be part of that religion now." And then instantly believe everything that goes along with it.

You're just taking someone else's morals and ideals and using them for yourself, not working everything through for yourself like you probably should be. So you've got however many millions of Catholics there are (or whatever) and they all believe exactly the same as eachother? I don't think so.

And that brings us onto the subject of other religions - even other denominations within your own. How can you just choose one, and by doing so, suddenly I dunno what: "Realise"? "Figure out"? that all the other ones are wrong, and the followers damned for eternity.

Even if you were brought up that way, you can't say that if you were brought up a different way, you'd still have the same beliefs. In either case, the other one would be considered wrong - and, by the looks of things, sent to burn in hell infinitely.
Tue 21/12/04 at 22:18
Regular
down wrote:
> Stupid religious people.

All religious people are stupid now?
Tue 21/12/04 at 22:32
"period drama"
Only the stupid ones.
Tue 21/12/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Laughingstock"
When I think of all the time and energy wasted on trying to prove or disprove God. It's a kind of madness. Every notion of God in the human mind is just that - a notion. The whole subject should be defunct.
Wed 22/12/04 at 03:22
"I love yo... lamp."
Light wrote:

> No-one can know unless God Himself makes a personal appearence.

TADA!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.