GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ERROR!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/06 at 16:16
Regular
What's going on? :( the top ten last posts list's has gone, the list of all the forums has gone, there's no GAD winner today.

Are they changing the forum, or slowly closing it down?
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Personally i think regular members of the forum should get first consideration on the prizes and if there isn't anything actually worthy of a GAD from them (which is unlikely as there's usually something from somebody of note most days) then start looking at those who never bother to contribute anything to the community and their 5 minute cut and paste jobs
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Machie:
"Are they changing the forum, or slowly closing it down?"

Probably just a database error; it happens every now and again, and being a weekend, there's probably nobody in the office who knows how to turn it off and on again. :)

And I expect cheats win a lot because Freeola want a big cheats database, so when people Google for game cheats, Freeola is where they end up.
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:42
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I know its called Gameaday and that each day they give away something to whatever (mainly cheats)

But do you think they give away to many GADS?

I mean ok no one does a decent chat post, review, walktrhough or whatever so just give it to someone who has put some cheats up. Do you think there should be a pacific change to a Gad win?
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
But over a week there's at least 3 topics that warrant a GAD and should get them instead of just some cheats
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:48
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Yeah i think there has often been many posts that have missed out on a GAD.

In that case then should they bother having a chat forum, that says you can win a GAD for a chat post?

Why dont they just leave it for Cheats, walkthroughs, reviews etc...

Do you think they include chat posts just to try and get an active community going.

Or is it the staff that just dont know a quality post when they see it?

Maybe there just all gaming nerds ;)
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:49
Regular
What about a flag system? Where you can flag a thread or a post when you feel it might be worthy of a GAD. Atleast it might attract the staffies attention and they might consider it.
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Ah, the mum-to-be, hello again :) Hope you're feeling well.

Do you mean too many GAD's in general, or too cheats?

I'll have to be honest and say I don't pay too much attention to the way GAD's are dished out, nor do I browse these Forums much (bar the web forum), so wouldn't know if other chat posts could be considered better.

No doubt chat posts can take a lot more effort than copy and pasting cheats, and I would probably vote them higher against adding cheats, but I can see Freeola's side when it comes to, "big database, more visitors, bigger potential audience to sell broadband".
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I guess it's just easier to go through a list of cheats already there than having to go through the forums looking for a good post
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:52
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Machie:
"What about a flag system?".

I like that idea.
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
aye me to

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.