GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Recon 2, looks decent..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ghost Recon 2'.
Fri 26/11/04 at 08:29
Regular
Might pick this up. Haven't bothered with Halo 2 on LIVE and don't think I will ever get around to playing it.

Read a few reviews of Ghost Recon 2 and have seen it in action a fair bit and it looks decent. Sure the AI looks dodgy but that didn't stop Rainbow Six 3 from being amazing fun.

Anyone else getting it or are you all still to**ing off to the tune of Halo 2?
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:37
Woo, Hedfix is back.
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:23
Regular
"8==="
Lies! Timmargh has stolen your account!
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:22
"I love yo... lamp."
I was drinking rather heavily and well.. there was a little accident.
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:18
Regular
"8==="
Who peed on NB? :S
Sun 12/12/04 at 14:46
Regular
the battle level is excellent - makes the saving private ryan-esque sequence on Allied Assault look garbage.

The AI is a bit ropey though and dare I say it sometimes it can get tedious shooting at enemies that are too stupid to realise that running at me is not a good idea.

Can't wait to try it online though.
Sat 11/12/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Game wrote:
> Ghost Recon 2 is amazing as a game, but the Friends List bug, and the
> other bug that throws you out of a game for no reason are both
> annoying.
>
> You can't even send messages to someone else, like you can in Rainbow
> Black Arrow, and earlier game, by the SAME people!

I just play the single player mode as I don't have LIVE, so thankfully I don't need to bother with all the nonsense!

;)
Mon 06/12/04 at 14:20
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
After a shakey start Im really getting into this game now. I love playind the lonewolf game, that gun is so cool. would like to be able to play the one player like this rather then having to do it with the team first, doing it with the team isnt a bad thing its just that I sometimes feel left out..... hear a distant shot, an before Iv moved BANG target down! OH over there, and he hasent seen me yet. lineing up the headshot.....BANG target down! GODDAMIT just back off boys, I want to shot people to you know.
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:01
Regular
been playing it quite a bit more and it appears I may have been a bit harsh. it kicks quite a lot of ass.
Sun 05/12/04 at 16:04
Regular
Got this today, haven't tried it online yet but the single player is pretty good. It's not as 'gripping' as I'd hoped though. I suppose I was expecting something to match the excellence of Operation Flashpoint (having never played a Ghost Recon game before). But the AI isn't exactly brilliant - I've known my troops to advance past enemies and then get shot in the back, a forgivable mistake once in a while, but this seems to happen a lot.

Also I don't feel you have as much control over your comrades like you do in Rainbow Six. If I tell them to hold position, then they encounter enemy fire, once they've finished wasting the bad guys they take it upon themselves to then regroup at my position. Why? They should dispense the enemies then stay where I bloody well put them. This has also led to them getting shot on account of me not even realising they were stood behind me. All I can say is it's a good job the enemy are lousy shots.

In honesty I'm regretting making the purchase, but I probably shouldn't be too hasty - it's the online play that counts.
Sun 05/12/04 at 01:44
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Ghost Recon 2 is amazing as a game, but the Friends List bug, and the other bug that throws you out of a game for no reason are both annoying.

You can't even send messages to someone else, like you can in Rainbow Black Arrow, and earlier game, by the SAME people!

It's hit and miss, Ghost Recon 2. The hits are big. It looks good, has great draw distance, it's fun, has no apparent gameplay glitches.. overall, it's quality. But the Presentation, Menu Fonts, bugs and inability to change the size of a map if you're playing with less people mean it's score drops down to an 8/10. Maybe a 7, if you're harsh. It's all about the LIVE play though, so if they patch it soon, and youcan over-look the bugs, you're well away!

I'd recommend it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.