GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Excuse me, but drawing weapons in the street is illegal, right?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/11/04 at 18:46
Regular
A late-teens (19 years old or so) Townie was sat on a muddy old saracen bike, surrounded by a small group of 4 or 5 younger neds. I think nothing of it, until I see the two thin yellow lines of a stretched slingshot elastic, as he points his slingshot jokingly at one of the group surrounding him. This is happening about 20 metres down the road from the entrance to my school, at the ending 10 minutes of dinnertime when everyone who leaves usually returns. The slingshot he was carrying wasn't a makeshift twig-and-rubber-band thing, it was a proper hunting slingshot. The first thing I thought was "Har, my slingshot's better", and secondly I thought "holy crap.". I'm not amazed he had a hunting slingshot like that - you can pick them up for barely over 15 quid these days.

Quite surprised and dumbfounded by this new level of stupidity - I almost even approached the bloke and said, "I just wanna tell you that drawing slingshots in public like this is seriously illegal - coppers are gonna give you hell if they see you."

Then I think - this is nuneaton - Coppers do naff all.

That bloke could have injured any one of us schoolkids, and he'd have a bike to speed away on over the recreation grounds, where it'd be difficult for coppers to access with cars.

Idiots.
Fri 26/11/04 at 16:10
Regular
"\\"
munn wrote:
> Or worse yet, imagine he'd pulled one of these from his back pocket.
> [URL]www.wapers.com/vehicles/ battleship/battleship.jpg[/URL]

Jesus christ! A 404 error!

RUNAWAY!
Fri 26/11/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I live near nuneaton, i play hockey there quite alot.
And we always win aswell.

But anyway, a proper sling shot can cause alot of damage, especially in hands of people who dont realise.

"Lets shoot this stone at that kid full blast, see what happens."
Fri 26/11/04 at 13:17
Regular
"..."
Super Kev wrote:
> UrkiE-UK wrote:
> >Coppers do naff all.
>
> They must be the same force as in Worthing (Sussex) cos they do funk
> all. Unless the whole police force is useless? (Sorry E_B)

The whole police force IS useless (E_B excepted obviouly). Seriously I work for Peterborough United as a match day steward, do the police even do anything there. No, they stand about and tell stewards to do their job for them...
Fri 26/11/04 at 09:42
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
>Coppers do naff all.

They must be the same force as in Worthing (Sussex) cos they do funk all. Unless the whole police force is useless? (Sorry E_B)
Thu 25/11/04 at 20:15
"period drama"
Bloody street artists.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:26
Regular
PHONE CRIME STOPPERZ, WE MUST STOP DIS ATROCITY!!11!11!
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
cookie monster wrote:
> At least he didnt pull out his knob.

10 points
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Selected"
"hunting slingshot"
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:14
Regular
Urkie probably wouldn't have been able to see it from that distance.

The only thing worse he could pull out is Dante. Or Strid.
I'd run for the hills.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:13
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> At least he didnt pull out his knob.

Hahahaha. CM never fails to impress.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.