GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Excuse me, but drawing weapons in the street is illegal, right?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/11/04 at 18:46
Regular
A late-teens (19 years old or so) Townie was sat on a muddy old saracen bike, surrounded by a small group of 4 or 5 younger neds. I think nothing of it, until I see the two thin yellow lines of a stretched slingshot elastic, as he points his slingshot jokingly at one of the group surrounding him. This is happening about 20 metres down the road from the entrance to my school, at the ending 10 minutes of dinnertime when everyone who leaves usually returns. The slingshot he was carrying wasn't a makeshift twig-and-rubber-band thing, it was a proper hunting slingshot. The first thing I thought was "Har, my slingshot's better", and secondly I thought "holy crap.". I'm not amazed he had a hunting slingshot like that - you can pick them up for barely over 15 quid these days.

Quite surprised and dumbfounded by this new level of stupidity - I almost even approached the bloke and said, "I just wanna tell you that drawing slingshots in public like this is seriously illegal - coppers are gonna give you hell if they see you."

Then I think - this is nuneaton - Coppers do naff all.

That bloke could have injured any one of us schoolkids, and he'd have a bike to speed away on over the recreation grounds, where it'd be difficult for coppers to access with cars.

Idiots.
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:46
Regular
A late-teens (19 years old or so) Townie was sat on a muddy old saracen bike, surrounded by a small group of 4 or 5 younger neds. I think nothing of it, until I see the two thin yellow lines of a stretched slingshot elastic, as he points his slingshot jokingly at one of the group surrounding him. This is happening about 20 metres down the road from the entrance to my school, at the ending 10 minutes of dinnertime when everyone who leaves usually returns. The slingshot he was carrying wasn't a makeshift twig-and-rubber-band thing, it was a proper hunting slingshot. The first thing I thought was "Har, my slingshot's better", and secondly I thought "holy crap.". I'm not amazed he had a hunting slingshot like that - you can pick them up for barely over 15 quid these days.

Quite surprised and dumbfounded by this new level of stupidity - I almost even approached the bloke and said, "I just wanna tell you that drawing slingshots in public like this is seriously illegal - coppers are gonna give you hell if they see you."

Then I think - this is nuneaton - Coppers do naff all.

That bloke could have injured any one of us schoolkids, and he'd have a bike to speed away on over the recreation grounds, where it'd be difficult for coppers to access with cars.

Idiots.
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:49
Regular
Damn.
I'll have to sketch them now.
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:50
Regular
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> That bloke could have injured any one of us schoolkids, and he'd have
> a bike to speed away on over the recreation grounds, where it'd be
> difficult for coppers to access with cars.

They could ride after them on horses, toting guuns and lassoes.
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
He could have one of these:

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52509&item=7114546243&rd=1[/URL]

That's when you should be worried!
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:58
Regular
That cross bow is heavier than me.

*cough*

At least he didn't whip out one of these:
[URL]http://www.montysminiguns.com/6mmpromopic.jpg[/URL]

Or worse yet, imagine he'd pulled one of these from his back pocket.
[URL]www.wapers.com/vehicles/ battleship/battleship.jpg[/URL]
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
At least he didnt pull out his knob.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:13
Regular
phi111ip wrote:
> He could have one of these:
>
> [URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52509&item=7114546243&rd=1[/URL]
>
> That's when you should be worried!

Always wanted one of those kinds of crossbow - I have a piddly 50lb draw crossbow that cost me under 20 quid. It's good though - by far the most lethal weapon in my armoury.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:13
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> At least he didnt pull out his knob.

Hahahaha. CM never fails to impress.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:14
Regular
Urkie probably wouldn't have been able to see it from that distance.

The only thing worse he could pull out is Dante. Or Strid.
I'd run for the hills.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Selected"
"hunting slingshot"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.