GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back! Nintendo DS Rocks and Merry Christmas everyone!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Well it's been a VERY long time since i created a topic on here!

Just to let you know i'm still a HUGE Nintendo fan, i now have a imported DS with:

Wario Ware Inc
Super Mario 64 DS
Feel The Magic
Ridge Racer
Asphalt Urban Racing
Mr Driller
Jam With The Band
The Sims Urbz
Zoo Keeper
One Line Puzzle

All games are FANTASTIC, any questions please ask!

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone on here, i hope you have a good one! :-)
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:40
Regular
"tokyo police club"
'This market'?

The handheld market?

How do you know if it's changed yet? The GBA/SP has sold many millions and continues to do so even now. By your reckoning that would be aimed at children.

SO has the market changed? Looks unlikely. Will it change? We'll have to wait and see.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:36
Regular
The average gamer is getting older and older year on year, I just don't see them wanting to play on a DS it is too childish and that is fair enough that is the market that it is aimed at. However this market has changed and I am not sure Nintendo have changed with it, they did not with the N64 and the Cube.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:32
Regular
"and PC user"
Ok, so you got him on the word "any". But in relality, mobiles have not got there yet - there not upto N64 or PS1 standards yet. But I dont think it will take long for the graphics to get there - but "storage" could be the issue. How do you get 256Mb or 660Mb on a mobile phone without it costing £2000 ?
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
On 'any' mobile phone?

I'm yet to see a mobile phone that can play an N64 game, yet alone make it look better and emulate it so brilliantly.

Hell, I don't think the N-Gage can even manage that, and that's a games machine with a phone added on.

'Plays like a toy'. What? Again, I've yet to see a toy that has done what the DS can do.

Go away and come back with a meaningful arguement, Top Score.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:22
Regular
It's just not hip and cool though it looks like a toy, plays like a toy has low end graphics that you could find on any mobile phone.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:20
Regular
"tokyo police club"
That's what I'm saying - one line puzzle could easily be that game. It just depends upon how they adapt and market it for the west.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:19
Regular
The trouble for Nintendo it does not matter how good the DS software is it branding that will let it down in the long run. Not say that this is justified although I don't like a lot of Nintendo games.

Sony Playstation branding will be key in the war.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:18
Regular
"and PC user"
mattributé wrote:
> I mean if there was another game, suited to the DS and completely
> individual, addictive and original, people would flock to it.

Yes, that would be possible. Somthing "that good" for the here and now (not a retro game) on the DS could do wonders for DS and the game. All you have to do now, is think up this new game.

And yes, the same could apply to PSP.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I mean if there was another game, suited to the DS and completely individual, addictive and original, people would flock to it.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:11
Regular
"and PC user"
mattributé wrote:
> If there was a game as addictive and brilliant as Tetris on the
> market, people would go out in hordes to buy it.

Nope, dont think so. Its like trying to get people to pay for "mines" on Windows. Dont forget, a lot of the sucsess of Tetris was due to the original Gameboy console. Yes there were versions on the PC - even on Macintosh, but it was the Gameboy version that was the driving force.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.