GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/11/04 at 13:53
Regular
I realise that some people on this forum (including myself) are planning to go to university next year, and I figured it'd be nice to see who was going and how far they have got with their UCAS application.

I received my confirmation letter from UCAS the other day to say they have received my application, all I can do now is wait..

The university's/courses I have applied for are

University of Lincoln: Games Computing
University of Lincoln: Computing
Sheffield Hallam: Software Development (Games) - Offer - not for this course, however
Northumbira University: Computer Games Software Engineering - Offer
Nottingham Trent University: Computer Science (Games Technology) - Offer

I have received 3 offers so far.

What universitys have you applied for? Had any offers/Rejections yet?
Fri 03/12/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

>I haven't actually been to visit anywhere I've applied for.

Same here. It's fine though, as you can go and visit the Uni's on open days specifically set-aside for people with offers.

At the moment my main choice is Exeter, followed by Reading, and then East Anglia. If I do get an offer from Durham (and I highly doubt it!) I'm going to have to do a hell of a lot of travelling.
Fri 03/12/04 at 18:46
"period drama"
Good job I actually went and checked to see if my form went through.
"Yes, we've got it. But you need to print one off anyway."

Doesn't that negate the whole point of doing it online?

Dunno what would have happened if I didn't go and check.
Ah well, that's another worry out the way. For a while, anway - haven't actually been to visit anywhere I've applied for.
Fri 03/12/04 at 18:10
Regular
Fozz wrote:
> 4) Try to hook up with your friend the first week there, cos its the
> hardest.

"hook up"

What do you mean by this?
Fri 03/12/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Chipseh wrote:
> So far:
>
> Loughborough: Computing and Management (applied for CS, but no maths!
> :( ) Offer
> Exeter: Computer Science, Offer
> Reading: Computer Science, Offer
> Nottingham: Can kiss my ass (ie. "Unsuccesful")
>
> And no reply from:
> Durham
> East Anglia

Offer from East Anglia- Computer Science.

Now, for Durham...
Fri 03/12/04 at 16:59
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
A quick note for all you new uni people. I started this year and I thought you might make use of a few tips I could have used when I started.

1) Learn to cook. Nothing gourmet but be able to cook stuff like rice, spaghetti, potatoes meat etc. Also being able to make some kind of sauce helps. Beans are your God. With 20p bread and 25p beans life couldnt be cheaper.

2) Get a part time job to get some cash for when you get to uni. There wil be unseeable costs so its adviseable to have a hundred or to handy.

3) Bring: Cooking utensils, washing up liquid, detergent, a sandwich toaster, AN ALARM CLOCK. There are probably some other things I havent thought of.

4) Try to hook up with your friend the first week there, cos its the hardest.

Can anyone think of any other hints?
Wed 01/12/04 at 22:52
"possibly impossible"
Hah, Uni was great and terrible in equal measures. I didn't even end up going into the industry I did the course in anyway. Still, 4 years well spent...
Wed 01/12/04 at 22:00
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
:' {
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:57
"period drama"
gaybys wrote:
> Now I'm nervous thinking that I may have WRECKED someone's future.

*someone [I]else's
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:35
Regular
"SOUP!"
Just got a conditional offer to Staffordshire (Need 3 C's, hardly hard to attain) and the place is mine.

I've also got an interview at Edge Hill, so if anyone wants to dish advice around it'd be cool.
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Im a 1st year Elec-Eng student and..out of about 60 or so there is one english girl and about 5 asian. thats it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.