GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Prepare to feel awkward"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/11/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I’m a bloke and I’m going to talk about how I feel. Ready yourselves for much manly backslapping hugs.

This is not going to be a whiney, “I feel sorry for myself and I’m so confused”, type of post. Well, ok, it may be.

You may have noticed the lack of, “my day at work”, posts from me. There is a few reasons for that. These are that I have not come home from work for months and thought, “wow, what a great day!” When I get home I just want to forget work and not give my day a second thought.

I find my days just filled with stress. Imagine all the crappiest things that happen in people’s lives, I go and deal with these. This leaves me physically and emotionally knackered. I deal on a daily basis with angry, upset and downright awkward people. I listen to all their problems and try to deal with many of them. I find that in the vast majority of cases there is little to nothing I can do for the people with genuine problems. I work 11-hour shifts and yet this is still not enough time to deal with the insane workload that I have.

The job takes a lot and gives little.

I dealt with a rape victim yesterday and didn’t get a single “well done”. Yet because I don’t issue many Guardian Awareness Program forms to youths, (something which the government are pushing), I get given a mini rollocking.

On top of the work that all officers have and get stressed over I also have the absolute nightmare that is the PDP. This is something that I have to complete to show how I’m developing as an officer. All probationers have one, but my problem is that I suck at it. My sergeant has told me I do the job well, but because I can’t evidence this in this folder I’m under immense pressure from higher up. If I can’t get this thing done, I can’t be confirmed as a Pc after my 2 years probation.

I could splurge for ages on all this crap that I have floating around in my brain at the moment, but it would come out as nothing more then a long high-pitched scream at the moment.

All I’m thinking at the moment is, if the service will keep me at the end of my 2 years, will I want to stay? I find the reasons I’m staying in the job at the moment are not the reasons I joined for in the first place.

Mur
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
You might feel you're powerless to help but you'd be less use if you walked away, if you're struggling with the emotional side of it i'd talk to someone, it will help clear your mind of whether you want to continue and why.
Have some faith that you're not failing because you are finding it hard, you're a good guy and youre human and it would naturally get to you as it would to anyone.
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:17
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Yeah, you filthy pig
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:10
Regular
"For One Night Only"
You'll cross that bridge when you finally reach it. You're fine for now. Not enough people, these days, are interested in doing what you do. It's a respectable job at the end of the day...
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Sounds like you're having a crap time. And...

English_Bloke wrote:
> I find that in the
> vast majority of cases there is little to nothing I can do for the
> people with genuine problems.

Just as we can say nothing much that's helpful. I suppose all you can do is stick with it for a while, see how it goes, do your best, and make up your own mind at the end of it.
Thu 04/11/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I’m a bloke and I’m going to talk about how I feel. Ready yourselves for much manly backslapping hugs.

This is not going to be a whiney, “I feel sorry for myself and I’m so confused”, type of post. Well, ok, it may be.

You may have noticed the lack of, “my day at work”, posts from me. There is a few reasons for that. These are that I have not come home from work for months and thought, “wow, what a great day!” When I get home I just want to forget work and not give my day a second thought.

I find my days just filled with stress. Imagine all the crappiest things that happen in people’s lives, I go and deal with these. This leaves me physically and emotionally knackered. I deal on a daily basis with angry, upset and downright awkward people. I listen to all their problems and try to deal with many of them. I find that in the vast majority of cases there is little to nothing I can do for the people with genuine problems. I work 11-hour shifts and yet this is still not enough time to deal with the insane workload that I have.

The job takes a lot and gives little.

I dealt with a rape victim yesterday and didn’t get a single “well done”. Yet because I don’t issue many Guardian Awareness Program forms to youths, (something which the government are pushing), I get given a mini rollocking.

On top of the work that all officers have and get stressed over I also have the absolute nightmare that is the PDP. This is something that I have to complete to show how I’m developing as an officer. All probationers have one, but my problem is that I suck at it. My sergeant has told me I do the job well, but because I can’t evidence this in this folder I’m under immense pressure from higher up. If I can’t get this thing done, I can’t be confirmed as a Pc after my 2 years probation.

I could splurge for ages on all this crap that I have floating around in my brain at the moment, but it would come out as nothing more then a long high-pitched scream at the moment.

All I’m thinking at the moment is, if the service will keep me at the end of my 2 years, will I want to stay? I find the reasons I’m staying in the job at the moment are not the reasons I joined for in the first place.

Mur

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.