GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory (RAM) error fixing software..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 19:13
Regular
Anyone know of any software that will try to fix RAM errors? I don't have a problem with system stability however I have ran Memory Test x86 and it brought back over 400 individual errors across all 11 tests despite passing all 11.

Are these types of errors fixable or is just a case of putting up?

I would be interested on any programs anyone might have relating to solving/fixing memory errors.

One other thing, are there any tools that will COMPLETELY scan the whole of the Hard Drive? Check Disk misses segments out and I would be interested in knowing a way or getting a scan utility that will scan the whole of the disk and all the segments.

Cheers!
Wed 27/10/04 at 11:58
Regular
If you are getting RAM errors, your RAM is pretty much screwed.

If it's still under warrenty, I'm sure you can exchange/have it replaced.

The best thing to do is find which stick is producing the errors first.
Wed 27/10/04 at 12:10
Regular
It was out of pure interest when I ran the memory test from Dos. I have had no crashes, no performance issues and no windows based errors.

The sticks passed all 11 tests but each pass had a number of errors.

Would anyone else be so kind as to run the test from:

[URL]http://www.memtest86.com/[URL] and boot from floppy and see how it goes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.