GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA SA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Whose sure its coming out im not sure.It came on ps2 but it won't come to xbox whose sure it's going, For example Halo 2 came to xbox, Example 2: Gta San Andreas, Shourly it won't come want to play gta games, Buy the double pack, Driv3r or True Crime: Streets of LA. There you go now choose old titles because it won't come to xbox, Can you take it for one year and seven months, Who can take it only fools can wait for a half and a year.
Tue 04/01/05 at 01:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's been said before and it'll be said again - the best selling thing is not always the best. There are more Ford Focus' sold than Ferrari F355s, but which is the better car? The Spice Girls sold more music than whatever your favourite band is, but who is better? Fifa 2005 sold more than PES4 but which is better?

Everything's down to marketing and the casual gamer settling for the familiar. People who know next to nothing about games are happy to pay £40 for the crap that is is fed into their minds by publishers, games like GoldenEye Rogue Agent and The Getaway, and they're fooled into thinking the PS2 is better because it has more games. What's true is that there may be more PS2 consoles but there are less games per console than for the Xbox/Cube, simply because there are only a few decent games on the PS2.

There's nothing better about the PS2 except that Sony have done a better job of marketing and coaxing 3rd party developers on board. Your ridiculous comments about the Xbox only show your complete and utter ignorance.
Tue 04/01/05 at 01:25
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Chr1s wrote:
> The reason,
> the games are better.
>
> HA HA HA HA HA HA

At least XBOX owners will have a Rare treat in March.
Tue 04/01/05 at 01:39
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gerrid wrote:
> It's been said before and it'll be said again - the best selling thing
> is not always the best. There are more Ford Focus' sold than Ferrari
> F355s, but which is the better car? The Spice Girls sold more music
> than whatever your favourite band is, but who is better? Fifa 2005
> sold more than PES4 but which is better?
>
> Everything's down to marketing and the casual gamer settling for the
> familiar. People who know next to nothing about games are happy to
> pay £40 for the crap that is is fed into their minds by
> publishers, games like GoldenEye Rogue Agent and The Getaway, and
> they're fooled into thinking the PS2 is better because it has more
> games. What's true is that there may be more PS2 consoles but there
> are less games per console than for the Xbox/Cube, simply because
> there are only a few decent games on the PS2.
>
> There's nothing better about the PS2 except that Sony have done a
> better job of marketing and coaxing 3rd party developers on board.
> Your ridiculous comments about the Xbox only show your complete and
> utter ignorance.

Another prime example of an XBOX owner who thinks they are above everyone else. Your Ford Focus- Ferrari comment was total crap. Sure the Focus sells a lot more, not because of better marketing but because it costs about 1/10 of the price. If Ferrari 355's were being sold for £10,000 or whatever a Focus costs, then I'm sure they would sell more than a Focus.

Maybe the PS2 does have some lousy, overhyped games, but it has games that are way better than anything that is on XBOX. Gran Turismo 4 for example. There is no racer that even comes close to it on XBOX. XBOX owners are fooled into thinking that they are getting a better console because it is technically more powerful and more expensive when there is very little difference in performance.

The PS2 has many game franchises that are widely known as some of the best such as GTA and GT. The Gamecube, probably the best of the three consoles, has even more like Zelda and Mario. The only thing I can think of that has achieved a superb reputation that originated from XBOX is Halo, and I didn't think the PC version was anything special.

All your stupid comments have shown is that you are a typical big headed XBOX fan who was fooled into wasting their money on a machine that really doesn't have any more to offer than a PS2.
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
"Gran Turismo 4 for example. There is no racer that even comes close to it on XBOX."

Thats open to opinion.

Funny that, it appears that most of the better games just get sequels constantly, rehashing well known brands instead of innovation (thats not to say the xbox hasn't done it, but its got slightly more "interesting" games shall we say). GT4, tekken 5, ratchet and clank 3, jax and daxter 3 etc. Funny how some developers milk the cash cow ever further. How do we know that gt4 will be any good? you can't, it isn't even out here.

But than every console is unique. We have GPR, you have your GT.
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:19
Regular
Before this EDIT, there was crap about fanboys and ball-sucking. I'm just cleaning up and summarising...

*cough* Forza Motorsport *cough*

You're not the first PS2 fanboy to come in here and get all hissy and bitchy when everyone else doesn't agree with you.

Before you label me an Xbox Fanboy, let me point out the only consoles I have touched in the last Month are the PS2 and the Nintendo DS.

Suck my balls, virgin boy.
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:29
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Arrrrggg didn't come back for more of this!! Shoot me now. My opinion, not that it matters is (save up) go out buy each console back down to the mega-drive, a few titles for each, then come back when you have a clue! I still go back to the mega-drive now and again for a quick play, still rocks!
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:36
Regular
Indeed it does, as does the SNES :D
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
 ßulle†† wrote:
> Before this EDIT, there was crap about fanboys and ball-sucking. I'm
> just cleaning up and summarising...
>
> *cough* Forza Motorsport *cough*
>
> You're not the first PS2 fanboy to come in here and get all hissy and
> bitchy when everyone else doesn't agree with you.
>
> Before you label me an Xbox Fanboy, let me point out the only
> consoles I have touched in the last Month are the PS2 and the
> Nintendo DS.
>
> Suck my balls, virgin boy.

I'm not a PS2 fanboy. I consider my Gamecube to be better. I don't care about what any of you write next because I don't value the opinion of anyone who has bought an XBOX.
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:43
Regular
Whether you value this opinion or not, you're still being too closed-minded.

Just because people like the Xbox, they're morons (or whatever term you choose)?

So you like both the PS2 and the GC, fair dos, but regardless of whether you like both or swear by one and one only, you're just as bad as a fanboy by dismissing the views of another console owner.

It also doesn't help that you're posting in an Xbox forum too.

I could have stuck a few anti-fanboy insults into this post, but I can't be bothered. I'm not really in an arguing mood today.
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:50
Regular
"The definitive tag"
 ßulle†† wrote:
> Whether you value this opinion or not, you're still being too
> closed-minded.
>
> Just because people like the Xbox, they're morons (or whatever term
> you choose)?
>
> So you like both the PS2 and the GC, fair dos, but regardless of
> whether you like both or swear by one and one only, you're just as
> bad as a fanboy by dismissing the views of another console owner.
>
> It also doesn't help that you're posting in an Xbox forum too.
>
> I could have stuck a few anti-fanboy insults into this post, but I
> can't be bothered. I'm not really in an arguing mood today.

I wasn't the first one to get hostile. I made a comment, had some fair comments in return, then some idiot starts to write "HAHAHAHAH" because of my opinion. I wasn't dismissing their views until some smart a*! started laughing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.