GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zip it Fritz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/10/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was browsing through one of the rags on the bus and came across a story where some German is demanding that in an effort to improve anglo-german relations that we apologise for bombing German towns during WW2

Ermmm sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Why in the hell should we apologise for defending ourselves from their invading lot? Last time i checked it was Germany who started it all not us. If anyone should be apologising it should be the Germans.

However knowing Blair and his seeming willingness to pander to anything the French and Germans want the stupid muppet will probably do as he's told and thank the Germans for the opportunity to do so as well.

Apologise for defending ourselves during WW2, not even Dubya could come up with anything so stupid
Sun 24/10/04 at 17:23
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> ...actually, if you really get pedantic Munn, Britain declared war on
> Germany, not the other way around, although Britan had better
> 'reasons' than the Germans...as it were.

Is that not what i said?
And if it's not, it's what I meant.
Sun 24/10/04 at 17:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whatever the point was Lakers, my point was that we're not being 'overly-PC', as if you're some renegade fighting against the tyranny that has us enslaved - 'PC crazy' is just bulls*it. As a matter of fact, I don't completely agree wth you in the sense of your main post, but that's a different matter....

...actually, if you really get pedantic Munn, Britain declared war on Germany, not the other way around, although Britan had better 'reasons' than the Germans...as it were.
Sun 24/10/04 at 16:57
Regular
Actually, history states that we went to war with the Naazis, they wanted to be allies, we refused and went to war.
Sun 24/10/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cyclone wrote:
> Your first post was basically a 'tongue-in-cheek'/stupid rant about
> how the Germans didall wrong and we did't do anything wrong....

Well the two points i made were we defended (Defended, retaliated whatever word you want to use) ourselves, correct is it not seeing as they attacked first and that they started WW2.

Are those 2 points not correct?

And my post was asking why in the hell should we apologise if you read it properly
Sun 24/10/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Selected"
IT WASN'T THE GERMANS IT WAS THE NAZIS WOT DONE IT
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Your first post was basically a 'tongue-in-cheek'/stupid rant about how the Germans didall wrong and we did't do anything wrong....
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Did i say it was all the germans fault either? I merely said they started it, that is correct is it not? Please if i'm wrong about that tell me because i was always taught in history they waged the war.

It was a war, the germans shouldn't have to apologise for actions during it and the allies shouldn't either. That is merely the point i'm making
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm merely saying it's childish to still believe it's all the Germans fault and we did nothing wrong in the war - as Timmargh said, it was retaliation, not self-defence - because 'we' did it far worse to 'them'. The Germans initiated the war, yes. But that doesn't mean we were all pureness and light - compared to the Nazis, maybe - but compared to peace time, we weren't. We're not being overly PC - that's just a scapegoat, again.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cyclone wrote:

> This isn't being overly PC, this is being sensible - 'damn Fritzys
> bombing our country - LET'S BOMB THEM BACK WORSE 10X OVER!!!' is what
> you call a 'silly' sentiment. We're not being PC, we're not being
> stupid.

Sorry cyclone mind pointing out to me in my topic where i said "LET'S BOMB THEM BACK WORSE 10X OVER!!!"

I was merely questioning the fact why we should apologise for war time events and defending ourselves when the Germans did exactly the same thing.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
lalakersrule wrote:
Geez people are so sensitive and
> PC nowadays

I KNEW this'd come up.

This isn't being overly PC, this is being sensible - 'damn Fritzys bombing our country - LET'S BOMB THEM BACK WORSE 10X OVER!!!' is what you call a 'silly' sentiment. We're not being PC, we're not being stupid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.