GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zip it Fritz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/10/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was browsing through one of the rags on the bus and came across a story where some German is demanding that in an effort to improve anglo-german relations that we apologise for bombing German towns during WW2

Ermmm sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Why in the hell should we apologise for defending ourselves from their invading lot? Last time i checked it was Germany who started it all not us. If anyone should be apologising it should be the Germans.

However knowing Blair and his seeming willingness to pander to anything the French and Germans want the stupid muppet will probably do as he's told and thank the Germans for the opportunity to do so as well.

Apologise for defending ourselves during WW2, not even Dubya could come up with anything so stupid
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was browsing through one of the rags on the bus and came across a story where some German is demanding that in an effort to improve anglo-german relations that we apologise for bombing German towns during WW2

Ermmm sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Why in the hell should we apologise for defending ourselves from their invading lot? Last time i checked it was Germany who started it all not us. If anyone should be apologising it should be the Germans.

However knowing Blair and his seeming willingness to pander to anything the French and Germans want the stupid muppet will probably do as he's told and thank the Germans for the opportunity to do so as well.

Apologise for defending ourselves during WW2, not even Dubya could come up with anything so stupid
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Ah, extreme politics. Such a stupid thing.

Britain paid towards rebuilding Dresden, due to the fact the government felt very guilty about destroying such a beautiful city in such a terrible way (ie massive numbers of incendinary bombs causing horrendous damage and killing thousands). Why pay for something that was fairer in comparrison (ie aimed mostly at military targets) in cities like Berlin, Kiel and Hamburg when the Germans bombed London, Portsmouth and Coventry?

Simple explanation: Some German hated a war his country started, and went a bit over-the-top with his rage.
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:38
Regular
The Germans have apologised numerous times...
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:55
Regular
"Trap your mind"
I dont think we should appologise though because lets think back... who started the war?
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Exactly. Plus, in a war on such a scale, wanton destruction on such a huge scale was pretty much expected. Why pay each other now, 60 years later, when it's all been sorted out as well?
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:08
Regular
"Twenty quid."
WWII ended nearly 60 years ago - do we really want to say something like: "We're not apologising - you started it!!?!"

Talk about childish.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Twenty quid."
And using words like "Fritz" and "Kraut" just shows a person to be xenophobic or even racist.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Timmargh wrote:
> And using words like "Fritz" and "Kraut" just
> shows a person to be xenophobic or even racist.

Or just shows a very tounge in cheek approach to the topic. Take it as joke which is what it's meant as. Geez people are so sensitive and PC nowadays
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:27
Regular
But then the topic you wrote came across as very irritated and bemused at why 'we' should apologise, and the way I read it, it was in a serious tone.
Sun 24/10/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The subject of the topic irritated me but the Fritz and Kraut comments are done in jest, also the little Dubya joke at the end, ah well maybe next time i'll just slap :-D all over the place

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.