GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moment of your time?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 18:59
Regular
Sorry to stop you...

I'm conducting a poll thing. Just a few questions.

1) How old are you?

2) What was the first console you owned?

3) Have you ever owned a Nintendo console?

4) Do you think that Nintendo is a childish company?

Simple few word answers, doesn't take long. Ta. :D
Thu 10/05/01 at 16:15
Regular

2.Sega Mega Drive

3. 2 SNES's & 2 Gameboys(the brick)

4.it is now
Wed 09/05/01 at 13:28
1/ 27

2/ Rubber keyed Speccy 48k (if you count it), if no Sega Mega Drive

3/ No

4/ As a company no, but their games are perceived as being aimed at the 'kiddies' end of the market, and also to appeal more to the Far East market, than the westerners. The recent obsession with Pokemon (and who can blame them, it's huge!!) has further solidified that perception. Sad really, as some of the games they produce are spectacularly good. We'll see how the Gamecube progresses...
Wed 09/05/01 at 12:58
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
1) i am 29

2) my first ever console was a B/W machine from radio shack and the games were selectable form a wheel you turned on the machine..it did have a rather spiffing light gun though that was a bit dirty harryish. then my first colour console was intellivision ( about the size of a small boat)

3) i have never owned a nintendo console. borrowed one for the weekend though.

4) i think nintendo have stringent measures in place to ensure that the content of their video games is wholesome and not to controversial. therefore the are branded as childish
Wed 09/05/01 at 12:00
Regular
"Complete Banker"

1) How old are you? 21

2) What was the first console you owned? Atari ST, or PSx depending on whether you soo the ST as a console..

3) Have you ever owned a Nintendo console? No

4) Do you think that Nintendo is a childish company? No, although the graphics are different to those of say PSX, the depth of the games is amazing. Although children can hace a wonderful time playing Mario64, an adult can have as much fun. It's true that N64 and Gameboy games don't cover 'adult' topics ie crime (Driver, GTA) etc etc the game catalogue isn't all RPG's and platform games as many would have us all believe.
Tue 08/05/01 at 23:21
Regular
"Back For Good"
Atari 2600
Yes the Nes
Now it is yes
Tue 08/05/01 at 16:00
Atari
Yes
not at all
Tue 08/05/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Atari
Yes
Indeedy
Tue 08/05/01 at 14:30
1. 30

2. Depends really. If we're calling a console a box that you plug into a TV, then it would be a PS1. Before that I was into home computers and handhelds. First handheld would be a Kevin Keegan game from the 70s! I still have it, but I have no idea whether it still works.

3. Only a Nintendo B&W handheld.

4. Personally no. They are obviously comfortable with their position (the only other explanation is that they have a bizarre fetish for plumbers). I guess it's mainly because people associate Mario with Nintendo (and of course Gameboy), whereas with Sega (in their heyday), you'd associate them with Sonic, and Sony with Lara. I'd say Nintendo are the Disney, Sega were (are) the Warner Brothers, and Sony are the Pixar.
Mon 07/05/01 at 21:41
Regular

1. 32
2. a 'pong' tennis game, or an atari 2600 if you're picky
3. yes a snes
4. no, its far too old to be a child

Mon 07/05/01 at 20:41
"High polygon count"
Grix Thraves wrote:

> 1) How old are you?

29. 30 in July. Arrrgh!

> 2) What was the first console you owned?

Some old, old thing that I can't recall the name of. Not Sega or Nintendo, though - way before their first home consoles!

> 3) Have you ever owned a Nintendo console?

Yes, if you count Gameboy - which I'm sure you do.

> 4) Do you think that Nintendo is a childish company?

Not childish in themselves, but have a rep as being 'kiddie pleasers' with most people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.