GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Couldn't make it up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/10/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Rosemary & Thyme" aka Flower Detectives.

Jesus christ, how inane does a show have to get before the public think "Hang on a minute" and turn off the tv, go and do something less boring instead?
It appears that Joe Public has an insatiable lust for detective programmes. Preferably nice sunny ones on a Sunday, in a time when everything was happy and even murderers were nice and polite.
And, in an effort to come up with some kind of hit show, it would also appear that the oh-so-clever execs that commission this bilge attempt to combine the ratings-winners into some police related show.
We've had Chef Detective (Pie in The Sky), Magic Detective (that one with the bloke from the Abbey National adverts), Flower Detectives (Rosemary & Thyme)...any show that gets viewers is shackled to some creaking investigative plot to produce "Something-on-another-channel-you-like Detective".

So I predict next summer you can enjoy DIY Detective, Antiques Detective (actually Lovejoy's already done that), Boot-Sale Detective, House-Abroad Detective, Reality TV Celebrity Detective....and, the jewel in ITV24's crown:
Cop Detective.
A policeman who solves crimes in a slightly unorthodox manner.

You can snigger, but we live in an age where a programme starts called "Celebrity Farm".
You can watch such high-profile wunderkinds such as Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee and Vanilla Ice on a farm.

Or, you could just shoot yourself in the face.
I'd watch that.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Rosemary & Thyme" aka Flower Detectives.

Jesus christ, how inane does a show have to get before the public think "Hang on a minute" and turn off the tv, go and do something less boring instead?
It appears that Joe Public has an insatiable lust for detective programmes. Preferably nice sunny ones on a Sunday, in a time when everything was happy and even murderers were nice and polite.
And, in an effort to come up with some kind of hit show, it would also appear that the oh-so-clever execs that commission this bilge attempt to combine the ratings-winners into some police related show.
We've had Chef Detective (Pie in The Sky), Magic Detective (that one with the bloke from the Abbey National adverts), Flower Detectives (Rosemary & Thyme)...any show that gets viewers is shackled to some creaking investigative plot to produce "Something-on-another-channel-you-like Detective".

So I predict next summer you can enjoy DIY Detective, Antiques Detective (actually Lovejoy's already done that), Boot-Sale Detective, House-Abroad Detective, Reality TV Celebrity Detective....and, the jewel in ITV24's crown:
Cop Detective.
A policeman who solves crimes in a slightly unorthodox manner.

You can snigger, but we live in an age where a programme starts called "Celebrity Farm".
You can watch such high-profile wunderkinds such as Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee and Vanilla Ice on a farm.

Or, you could just shoot yourself in the face.
I'd watch that.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hey, leave Magician Detective. He can solve mind bending puzzles man.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:29
Regular
What about David Blaine?

Some guy climbs inside a plastic cage and hangs from a crane for a couple of weeks. People gape in awe.

I wonder what people in the third world would make of all this.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's true, I shall not mock a crime solving magician.
However purile the concept may appear to be. A magician. That solves crimes. By employing his magic knowledge.
Magic Detective.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Johnathan Creek is excellent.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Goatboy wrote:
>> Magic Detective.

What's not to like?

I agree with Borat. David Blaine needs a slap.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:34
Regular
If they make something called 'Celebrity Moon Camp' then I might watch. Cheaply made domes on the moon and z-list celebrities seem made for each other.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> What about David Blaine?
> Some guy climbs inside a plastic cage and hangs from a crane for a
> couple of weeks. People gape in awe.
----

Ah but that wasn't some fictional tv programme created for morons to watch before bedtime.
That was a real-life slowtalking magician sitting in a box made of glucose.

And, the only time I've ever felt it, I was patriotic as hell during that.
It was nice to see the English employing their loathing of self-worshipping idiots.
What started as drunks shouting "Do a card trick you fat ####", ended up with ever-more ingenious methods of torturing the man.
My favs were a pizza flown by radio-controller helicopter, circling the box and the bloke teeing off from Tower Bridge - using some 13th century bylaw that allowed him to exercise his right to roam and indulge in stick-based sport - the police had to stand by and watch as he thumped ball after ball into the side of Blaine's glucose prison.
Genius.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'd love to see Big Brother 19.
Where they send the usual crowd of wannabes into the house and everything goes as per usual.
Except none of it is televised at all.
Each person is pretend-evicted, rushes out expecting to be welcomed by a screaming Davina and worshipping crowd.

Only to find a bloke sweeping the car park.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Goatboy wrote:
>> It was nice to see the English employing their loathing of
> self-worshipping idiots.
>

It's possibly the only time in the past 5 years the English have done.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.