GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay fraud"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/10/04 at 20:41
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I used to be a regular on ebay but recently there has been an increase in frauds on it. I don't think I can trust it any more even if someone has high feedback.
Sat 02/10/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
gr13ve wrote:
> I hate fraudsters, im still waiting on my darkness tickets from 2003.
> The guy keeps sayin he sent them. BULL****

Serves you right for trying to go see the darkness :P Go see Muse. Much better.

Ive never had any problems anyway. Always buy from people with lots of high feedback and always check their feedback.
Sun 03/10/04 at 01:19
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
I've also never had a problem, maybe I've been lucky. I have feedback of 273 from buying AND selling and it's been 100% positive.

Sold a ticket for the V Festival in Hylands Park (Chelmsford) this summer no problems.

eBay will always have its problems, as long as its "open season" on who can join and trade. Festival tickets, mobile phones...anything expensive, don't buy unless they have good feedback and plenty of it. That GTA: San Andreas thing says it all.

Personally I take an unhealthy interest in the negative feedback people get (and their responses to it), best way to gauge a member. Someone who gets bad feedback and replies with lots of punctuation and bad spelling...

"WTF?????? I sent u the item 3 weeks ago!! Neva replyd 2 emails!!!!!!!!!!"

...just don't go near them.
Sun 03/10/04 at 01:34
Regular
Smelly dog food.
Sun 03/10/04 at 02:49
Regular
"8==="
gr13ve wrote:
> theres one guy just now on ebay selling a couple of copeis of GTA SAN
> ANDREAS saying they will be with you 19 days before release.

ah but before relase in which country? Afghanistan?
Sun 03/10/04 at 08:53
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Semajál wrote:
> gr13ve wrote:
> I hate fraudsters, im still waiting on my darkness tickets from
> 2003.
> The guy keeps sayin he sent them. BULL****
>
> Serves you right for trying to go see the darkness :P Go see Muse.
> Much better.
>
> Ive never had any problems anyway. Always buy from people with lots
> of high feedback and always check their feedback.

For the record I was getting the tickets for my nephew for his birthday.
Sun 03/10/04 at 08:53
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Hedfix wrote:
> gr13ve wrote:
> theres one guy just now on ebay selling a couple of copeis of GTA
> SAN
> ANDREAS saying they will be with you 19 days before release.
>
> ah but before relase in which country? Afghanistan?

This country.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yes, but who would be stupid enough to buy that anyway? It's obviously fake and very dodgy, probably full of viruses as well. I'm often tempted to join eBay myself, with some of the CDs on offer, but seeing as I have no cards/equivalent way of payment, I'm pretty sunk.

Then again, someone did once buy an air guitar for £100 from eBay. =D
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:38
Regular
I'm going to join up to eBay, but I'm waiting for my mum to get the new pin on her credit card.

I would never buy anything off there, but I'm going to flog loads of unwanted crap on there.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
...So other people can buy your crap, whilst you don't buy theirs. Very cunning. Come to think of it, I could sell a fair amount of stuff on there as well- my house is full of untold masses of junk some weirdo living in their parents' basement would love. =D
Sun 03/10/04 at 11:03
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
The most effort comes from taking pictures and sitting down to list it all. I've got untold amounts of videos sitting here (they aren't worth keeping but they aren't worth a quid to most people) and as eBay's fees are quite insane, it all seems like a bit much hassle to go through the motions with it.

I have no high value junk, that's my problem =P

Last thing I sold was Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn on the PC - £9 I got for it...paid £3 in a local second hand store. There's profit to be had out there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.