GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wanting the best of both worlds..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/09/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Racism

Firstly define Racism for me? As I feel we’ve gone racism mad on everything, and have almost started going in the opposite way. From what I’ve read and heard over the past few months we, as a society, are taking things a step too far. In schools blackboards are now no longer allowed to be called blackboards but chalkboards, as otherwise it’s ‘claimed’ it’s racist towards Black people. How exactly does that work then, as quite simply it’s a board and it’s black…what’s racist about that?

On the other side of the board (boom boom – although no pun intended) white boards which are wipe clean and use a pen are allowed to be called white boards…which is in direct contrast to my point above!! I can’t really understand why people find issue with such things as we’re no different to one another and if the colour of an item is described as black or white that is because it is black or white. If the current trend carries on then it’ll surely lead to a banning of certain colours! No more Yellow lines on the road – Offensive to people of Asian decent and the Simpsons, no more white lines in the middle of roads - Offensive to white people, no more green grass – Offensive to the Poddington Peas, no more black suit and tie at funerals – Offensive to people of African decent. It’s utter lunacy. What about people that get sun tans or use sun beds too often (Dale Winton etc)? Is Tan Leather interior for cars going to be banned or made to change its name? Blimey at this rate even saying something transparent is going to be offensive to Jellyfish.

Have you ever seen any Def Jam comedy videos featuring the likes of Chris Rock, Bernie Mack, David Chapelle etc. If so you’ll notice that theres always the odd white person in the crowd that gets spotted and has the Mickey taken for being the only white guy/girl for several blocks. Ever seen a film such as Money Talks, Rush Hour or TV shows such as The Fresh Prince, Goodness Gracious Me (particularly the scene where they go for an English – Hilarious) etc – White and Chinese people are the butt of many a joke. But can you imagine what would happen to the career or someone like Lee Evans or Jack Dee if they made a joke about black people!

Anyone watched the MOBOs in recent years? Well the MOBO’s does exactly what it says on the tin, its an award ceremony to celebrate Music Of Black Origin. Anybody ever heard of the MOWOs (Music Of White Origin)…Nope?…That’s because it doesn’t exist. I personally think there isn’t one, because rather than white people not being proud of the roots of their music, there would be a huge problem from the black community that it shuns them etc.

Sex Discrimination

It’s a case of wanting the best of both worlds which you can’t have in todays day and age. Moving on nicely, but still keeping with the idea of groups/events which segregate people. Not so long back there was a row that erupted over a Mens golfing tour. The issue was that Laura Davis, Britains No. 1 Golfer and for World Number 1, wanted to compete alongside the men. Now again I’ve got no problem with this as why shouldn’t a female be able to complete with men at a sport! However the Mens PGA wasn’t happy with this as they saw it as a mens only tour. Unsurprisingly there was a backlash from women golfers and eventually the Mens PGA backed down and Let Laura play. Not before however they raised the question…so can we let a man, say Tiger Woods, play on the Womans tour. I’ll let you guess the answer but I’ll give you a clue, it begins with an N and ends with an O. Needless to say Laura Davis came last, missed the cut and has decided not to request playing on a mens tour since!!

Across the country there are also several ‘Mens’ clubs and associations, which all forbid the joining of female members. It amazes me that the people that won’t let Females join this club are actually over the age of 10. As last time I checked it was only men under this age that didn’t like a females company.

There’s also always talk of Women earning less money than men for the same job. Personally I’d like to bring to the attention of those people (and I don’t disagree with you) Tony and Cherrie Blair….Shes a Lawyer and earns Circa £200k a year…He (tries to) runs the country and earns circa £110k!!

There’s currently a big debate in many schools and I remember having the debate with a few teachers when I was at school, and that is that boys are not allowed to wear shorts in the summer, but girls are allowed to wear skirts. I found the only way to get around this was to either ask if it’s ok to wear a Kilt, or secondly, say you’re having a sexual identity crisis and could you wear a skirt…If they say no, ask them why they’re being homophobic!
Sun 17/10/04 at 17:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mr Lover Man wrote:
> What I can't believe now though is that the Wayans brothers have just
> released a new film "White Chicks"...A hilarious comedy
> supposidly!!
>
> Can anyone guess whether if would still be hilarious if the film had
> two white comedians (Little and Large, cannon and Ball, the Krankies
> etc...you get the picture) in it and was called "Black
> Chicks" or would that just be racist!!
>
> A Melton Mowbary pork pie to whoever guesses correctly!!

No it wouldn't.
Sun 17/10/04 at 17:05
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
i got one question... when does too much masturbation become too much masturbation??
Sat 16/10/04 at 19:07
Regular
Probably just because the chalk is white.

Perhaps it supposedly resembles a white man walking up to a black man and drawing on his face with a white stick of chalk.
Thu 14/10/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
"In schools blackboards are now no longer allowed to be called blackboards but chalkboards, as otherwise it’s ‘claimed’ it’s racist towards Black people. How exactly does that work then, as quite simply it’s a board and it’s black…what’s racist about that?"

Well..its a man, and hes black? whats racist about that? lol. jk.
Thu 14/10/04 at 18:04
Regular
Black, white, yellow, who cares, you are all but meer objects standing in my way of total world domination.
Thu 14/10/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
What I can't believe now though is that the Wayans brothers have just released a new film "White Chicks"...A hilarious comedy supposidly!!

Can anyone guess whether if would still be hilarious if the film had two white comedians (Little and Large, cannon and Ball, the Krankies etc...you get the picture) in it and was called "Black Chicks" or would that just be racist!!

A Melton Mowbary pork pie to whoever guesses correctly!!
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:59
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
> My cat's breath smells of cat food

I'm writing to my MP.
Tue 05/10/04 at 17:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My cat's breath smells of cat food
Tue 05/10/04 at 16:40
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Light wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> That's racist
>
> That's abusive towards racists.
>
> That's discriminating against people who are abusive towards racists.

That's insulting to people who are under-represented in the role of being an abusive person towards racists.
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
monkey_man wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> That's racist
>
> That's abusive towards racists.

That's discriminating against people who are abusive towards racists.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.