GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Edgy's view on the fox hunting situation."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/04 at 20:17
Regular
Well it seems a bunch of toffs who do very little to contribute to society other than allow their dogs to crap on the pavement because they're too rich to have to pick it up and dispose of it have decided that they are the only people in Britain who count and that a democracy involves attacking the government they voted in. Ironic really.
So what's this all about then? Well it seems that the final reading of the bill to ban fox hunting has been read today. A unanimous vote (as far as I am aware) by the MPs of the House of Commons has passed it and all is left is for the snobs in the House of Lords to say yay or nay. Unfortunately, they have said 'nay' the past couple of times, and so the House of Commons have threatened to use one of those ancient laws, such as being allowed to kill a man in Yorkshire on a Sunday with a bow and arrow (I wouldn't test that law if I were you...if I have quoted it right) , which allows them to overturn the ruling by the House of Lords which in this case would result in a complete ban on fox hunting.

This news has caused a huge minority of people large enough to be beaten off by those paid to protect democracy in their flourescant uniforms brandishing truncheons. Right this minute (at time of writing), plenty of homes throughout the UK are left unprotected as a large mob of toffs have stormed London hoping to change the situation by means of violence and terrorism. This I'll get back to.

So what is fox hunting?

Fox hunting is what some of these toffs consider a 'sport', or a means of recreation. Others consider it a 'livelyhood', as a means of pest control. It involves a bunch of rediculously dressed snobs on the back of horses blowing a horn that is hardly going to unite the people of Gondor, which commands a huge pack of dogs to chase after a defenseless animal in order to rip it to shreds. This method was used a long long time ago and is still used today. These snobby toffs still believe that this is the most humane way to control the population of foxes in the countryside. They also claim that they shoot the animals so they don't actually suffer. Is that before or after they've chased them across various distances and allowed a pack of dogs to sink their teeth into them?

That isn't the entire story though. Fox Hunting, should it be allowed to continue, should only take place on the land owned by the person who hires the hunters. However, once a fox has been spotted, the toffs don't care who's land they violate, who gets in their way, as long as they get their trophy. A dead piece of fur. Over the years there have been articles on kids being frightened incredibly by toffs trampling their horses across gardens, articles on pets being killed by the dogs, and so on. It only takes a search on the various news websites to find stories like this.

So what do the toffs say about it?

One toff on the news expressed his views along the lines of this pathetic cry for sympathy, "If fox hunting is banned, I will lose my home. I will lose my livelihood. The hounds will have to go. I'm not trained for anything else, so I will have to train to work."

Oh my! Welcome to the life the rest of us lead. We have to work for a living. We don't get to play a barbaric sport for a living. We have to take part in training and earn a real wage, as opposed to riding horses and playing fetch with a fox instead of a stick. It's not that they're afraid they'll lose their jobs. It's that they're afraid to get jobs!

So how do these toffs plan to make things go their way? They turn a peaceful protest into a mob attack. Storm the houses of parliament and think a bit of shouting is going to change the minds of those listening to the majority view of the people. I wont deny that the majority view isn't always right, but I feel that in this situation, in this democracy, the same argument that the protesters were using, again ironic, that fox hunting should be banned if only to give these toffs a reality check.

On the news today, I saw a woman with a big cut around her eye shouting, "I wasn't even protesting! A policeman did this (points to eye)! And I'm a firm believer in the law! So tell me this: What was a non-protester doing in the middle of a huge crowd of protesters outside the Houses of Parliament? Somehow I doubt she was having a picnic. And the rest of them suprised that the police hit them with their truncheons. What did they expect the police to do? Hand them boxing gloves to batter the MPs they voted in?

Overall, this shows the utter rediculous nature of the inbred toffs. They're too afraid to work, and instead of having to find some other way to play, they're forced to find jobs that aren't quite a horse-ride in the park. The majority of people in the UK want an end to this barbaric sport and all agree there are plenty of other more humane ways of handling the overwhelming fox crisis. I mean, it's getting so bad that you can't even walk the streets now incase a fox runs away from you like a scared puppy! Disgusting!

Wed 15/09/04 at 20:17
Regular
Well it seems a bunch of toffs who do very little to contribute to society other than allow their dogs to crap on the pavement because they're too rich to have to pick it up and dispose of it have decided that they are the only people in Britain who count and that a democracy involves attacking the government they voted in. Ironic really.
So what's this all about then? Well it seems that the final reading of the bill to ban fox hunting has been read today. A unanimous vote (as far as I am aware) by the MPs of the House of Commons has passed it and all is left is for the snobs in the House of Lords to say yay or nay. Unfortunately, they have said 'nay' the past couple of times, and so the House of Commons have threatened to use one of those ancient laws, such as being allowed to kill a man in Yorkshire on a Sunday with a bow and arrow (I wouldn't test that law if I were you...if I have quoted it right) , which allows them to overturn the ruling by the House of Lords which in this case would result in a complete ban on fox hunting.

This news has caused a huge minority of people large enough to be beaten off by those paid to protect democracy in their flourescant uniforms brandishing truncheons. Right this minute (at time of writing), plenty of homes throughout the UK are left unprotected as a large mob of toffs have stormed London hoping to change the situation by means of violence and terrorism. This I'll get back to.

So what is fox hunting?

Fox hunting is what some of these toffs consider a 'sport', or a means of recreation. Others consider it a 'livelyhood', as a means of pest control. It involves a bunch of rediculously dressed snobs on the back of horses blowing a horn that is hardly going to unite the people of Gondor, which commands a huge pack of dogs to chase after a defenseless animal in order to rip it to shreds. This method was used a long long time ago and is still used today. These snobby toffs still believe that this is the most humane way to control the population of foxes in the countryside. They also claim that they shoot the animals so they don't actually suffer. Is that before or after they've chased them across various distances and allowed a pack of dogs to sink their teeth into them?

That isn't the entire story though. Fox Hunting, should it be allowed to continue, should only take place on the land owned by the person who hires the hunters. However, once a fox has been spotted, the toffs don't care who's land they violate, who gets in their way, as long as they get their trophy. A dead piece of fur. Over the years there have been articles on kids being frightened incredibly by toffs trampling their horses across gardens, articles on pets being killed by the dogs, and so on. It only takes a search on the various news websites to find stories like this.

So what do the toffs say about it?

One toff on the news expressed his views along the lines of this pathetic cry for sympathy, "If fox hunting is banned, I will lose my home. I will lose my livelihood. The hounds will have to go. I'm not trained for anything else, so I will have to train to work."

Oh my! Welcome to the life the rest of us lead. We have to work for a living. We don't get to play a barbaric sport for a living. We have to take part in training and earn a real wage, as opposed to riding horses and playing fetch with a fox instead of a stick. It's not that they're afraid they'll lose their jobs. It's that they're afraid to get jobs!

So how do these toffs plan to make things go their way? They turn a peaceful protest into a mob attack. Storm the houses of parliament and think a bit of shouting is going to change the minds of those listening to the majority view of the people. I wont deny that the majority view isn't always right, but I feel that in this situation, in this democracy, the same argument that the protesters were using, again ironic, that fox hunting should be banned if only to give these toffs a reality check.

On the news today, I saw a woman with a big cut around her eye shouting, "I wasn't even protesting! A policeman did this (points to eye)! And I'm a firm believer in the law! So tell me this: What was a non-protester doing in the middle of a huge crowd of protesters outside the Houses of Parliament? Somehow I doubt she was having a picnic. And the rest of them suprised that the police hit them with their truncheons. What did they expect the police to do? Hand them boxing gloves to batter the MPs they voted in?

Overall, this shows the utter rediculous nature of the inbred toffs. They're too afraid to work, and instead of having to find some other way to play, they're forced to find jobs that aren't quite a horse-ride in the park. The majority of people in the UK want an end to this barbaric sport and all agree there are plenty of other more humane ways of handling the overwhelming fox crisis. I mean, it's getting so bad that you can't even walk the streets now incase a fox runs away from you like a scared puppy! Disgusting!

Wed 15/09/04 at 21:15
Regular
"0228"
Fox hunting is by no means a sport and it may be a way of keeping the number of foxes down but that's obviously not why they do it. Well written Edgy.
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:51
Regular
As you can tell, toffs get on my nerves. Though that woman who claimed she wasn't even protesting on the news made me chuckle.

"I wasn't protesting! Honest! I was just here for the fight!"
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As I said in general chat;

'gerrid wrote:
> Is anyone here against the barbaric policy of the government to poison
> the living daylights out of Britain's rat population? If Lord
> Moustachio and co. were going around hunting rats with dogs, would
> any of you care? Would yuo be rallying to 'save the rat'?

Fair point. Anything likeable is worth saving. Anything else that lives yet is slightly less cute is disgusting - rats, bugs, wasps etc. ALL must be KILLED as soon as possible.

On the other hand, hunting can hardly hold itself up as a really, really, really effective way of keeping fox numbers down. How often is there a hunt? How many foxes does each one kill? Is it really very nice to tear foxes to pieces?

Personally, it's an incredibly, incredibly inflated topic, and one which really has no impact on anything whatsoever........just double standards on both sides.'

+

Be careful - they're not all 'toffs' by the way, and there is a strong sentiment that 'other people' (i.e, surburbia etc) don't understand the countryside, and it's also tied up to fishing (possibly).......which is much more of a serious problem because it really has gone to pot and it really did/does support people.
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:12
Regular
I lived in a countryside villiage for half of my life, the other half on the outskirts of a large city where there are tonnes of farms.

True, they're not all toffs. I mean, horses and packs of dogs are really cheap to look after...
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They're hardly all Mr and Mrs. Von Winkleglass, are they?

Sure, it's seen as an elitist pursuit......but it's tied to farming, pure and simple.
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:22
Regular
True there...but as far as I am aware, Fox Hunting is a high enough paid job. If the farmers are paying wages, no wonder there have been many a time when farmers have complained about low money.
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Good call edgy. I agree with you. Did you see that woman on the news "Im not a terrorist! Im a physiotherapist!" (isnt it suspicious that they rhyme? WARNING...YOUR PHYSIOTHERAPIST MAY NOT BE WHO YOU THINK THEY ARE!..THEY MAY BE A JIHADIST! BE VIGILENT AROUND YOUR PHYSIOTHERAPIST!) Nobody accused her of being a terrorist..nobody accused any fox hunters of terrorism even though as edgy pointed out they often do instill terror.

What about the M25 block? A convoy of horse boxes blocking enterances to the m25. what if someone was bleeding to death and needed to be driven to hospital? "Im sorry..today you'll be dying in a pool of your own blood because some foxhunters want to disrupt traffic" An organised peaceful demonstration is one thing. It causes disruption, it gets attention etc. Blocking the m25 is another thing altogether. I bet they just did it cos they knew the police were all tied up around parliment.

Hey edgy we should go practise our bowmanship this sunday. Im actually thinking of taking up archery for uni. lol. weird.

anyway fox hunting...they cant argue that its to get rid of foxes cos there are better ways than chasing it accross the countryside. les destructive and kinder ways than trampling everything in your path. (I think they should ride foxes and chase dogs.....not really...but WOULDNT IT LOOK FUNNY!!!...or even better...the foxes should ride dogs and chase them!...all the fun with twice the bite) They do it for tradition (just like bownamship on sunday!...we sould see how many fox hunters do that) and because its sport for them. I really cant understand a sick twisted mind that finds that vicious murderous act a sport. its a matter of morals (and the lack thereof)

Im really glad its been banned...maybe now they can get lives.

we have a similar problem in ireland (not so high profile though). Deer hunting is still happening in parts of the country. just like fox hunting but the deer is caught at the end and put back into captivity. there is some legal loophole that means that as soon as they release the thoroughl domesticated animal it becomes calssified as wild and its ok legally. the case isnt as high profle though so nobody seems to care.

anyway...today democracy worked for once.
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Edgy wrote:
> True there...but as far as I am aware, Fox Hunting is a high enough
> paid job.

Since when was it a job?
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
wait wait wait wait wait...fox hunters get paid????..I didnt NOT know that. so...who pays them?...and..why would anyone pay them to dress up and kill one or two foxes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.