GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bored of my DS already."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/01/05 at 08:47
Regular
"Two year break!"
No, this isn't a wind-up. 24 hours after getting it, I'm kind of bored of it.

There's nothing wrong with the console at all. Really like it. Just for some reason I'm well, just BORED of it. Perhaps it's a few more games that are needed but right now I've got a very desirable Door Stop.

Ended up playing Fifa 2005 and Project Gotham 2 on the Xbox instead...
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:47
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>Icarus wrote:
>
> you go to the "other" uni at Cambridge?
>
> APU???
>

A yes the Quickie mart college of cambridge named after it's humble founder.

Thankyou, come again!
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:05
Regular
lcarus wrote:

> More evidence of your skanky use of the English language there,
> despite studying it at the best uni in the UK.

I don't study English Language. And I'm sure you could work out what I was saying?!?!?!?!??!!? I am not natural with language, especially grammar, I can do it but it requires looking at after I've done something. And I can't be bothered. I just started 2 sentences with And and could have used a comma in one of those instances. Gonna pick me up on it? Go do something constructive with your life.

Sure, you had
> something to go on with not checking with the typos, but *no* person
> brought up here makes that kind of mistake instinctively. Hang on, do
> you go to the "other" uni at Cambridge?

APU???

That was my second choice. You need an A to get in there too you know. Just not as many ucas points.

Who cares if I make gramatical mistakes??? I study English Literature which is the study of texts from around the world not English Language. I'm not all that good with grammar, but I'm okay when I do extensive editing on my essays because I do know it, I just need to think about it first.
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:57
Regular
"8==="
You fecking snob! :D
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:55
Dringo wrote:

>
> It is platformers, RPG's etc... where you can get to your next marker
>

More evidence of your skanky use of the English language there, despite studying it at the best uni in the UK. Sure, you had something to go on with not checking with the typos, but *no* person brought up here makes that kind of mistake instinctively. Hang on, do you go to the "other" uni at Cambridge?
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:09
Regular
"8==="
I used to play Doom on the bus on my GBA. A few mates had it to so there was always a bit of linkup fragging (sounds dodgy).
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:08
Regular
MR.COATES wrote:

> To a point that's fine though cause I got this as a pick up and play
> kind of thing. There's no way I'll be playing it for hours on end
> with a PS2 and Xbox in the house. I think WarioWare and similar is
> what I need.

I know that, you play a DS for pick up and play games.

But these aren't just games you finish quickly or puzzle games...

It is platformers, RPG's etc... where you can get to your next marker point in lets say 15 minutes. A deep game that enables a quick blast getting you somewhere.

A bit like four swords. Each level takes roughly 20-30 minutes. But the game has depth.

Depth is important in any game. Even puzzelers need a learning curve.
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Two year break!"
Hedfix wrote:
> But that suits a bus/train journey.
>
> (to Dringo's post)

Spooky timing.

What he said.
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Two year break!"
Dringo wrote:
> Does a brief *told you so* kinda smile.
>
> The games just lack depth for a handheld system.

To a point that's fine though cause I got this as a pick up and play kind of thing. There's no way I'll be playing it for hours on end with a PS2 and Xbox in the house. I think WarioWare and similar is what I need.
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:03
Regular
"8==="
But that suits a bus/train journey.

(to Dringo's post)
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:03
Regular
"Two year break!"
My first PS2 stopped reading CD's but DVD's are fine. Ended up getting a silver one in the end. And I promptly managed to trip over the controller wire and knocked it onto the floor.

Had the console 3 days. Had bought GTA San Andreas that very day. Disc got trapped inside, scuffed it to bits.

Took the console apart, took the drive apart. Used a GameDR on the disc, put the console back together. Works fine. And yet no doubt it'll randomly fail in a year's time for no reason at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.