GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sven is seriously the worst manager ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Beckham had an awful game, has been for the last few, and still he starts him and only takes him off when he has a tummy ache. Ugh every one of his balls was headed out at the near post.

Same with Owen, quiet all night and yet he decided to take Defoe off instead. F******g hell, and then when he does he brings on bloody Dyer, leaving us with no one anywhere near their area when all the big clearances came forward.

Why does Sven insist on playing Owen Hargreaves when there are players of the absoulte quality of Joe Cole and Sean WP on the bench? Both are incredible and would do a darn lot more than Hargreaves ever could. Ok, it was late in the game, but still, brinng either on, both quick, get them sprinting down the wing and maybe grab another to win the game.

And before any of you start saying Defoe's was lucky, it was genius. Great turn, great finish, simple as. And he played well, same with Ledley. Oh and Robbo made some great goal kicks ^o)
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Beckham had an awful game, has been for the last few, and still he starts him and only takes him off when he has a tummy ache. Ugh every one of his balls was headed out at the near post.

Same with Owen, quiet all night and yet he decided to take Defoe off instead. F******g hell, and then when he does he brings on bloody Dyer, leaving us with no one anywhere near their area when all the big clearances came forward.

Why does Sven insist on playing Owen Hargreaves when there are players of the absoulte quality of Joe Cole and Sean WP on the bench? Both are incredible and would do a darn lot more than Hargreaves ever could. Ok, it was late in the game, but still, brinng either on, both quick, get them sprinting down the wing and maybe grab another to win the game.

And before any of you start saying Defoe's was lucky, it was genius. Great turn, great finish, simple as. And he played well, same with Ledley. Oh and Robbo made some great goal kicks ^o)
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:42
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:

Firstly, is it me or did we win 2-1 tonight with an excellent performance? Wouldn't think so reading this utter tripe.

> Why does Sven insist on playing Owen Hargreaves when there are
> players of the absoulte quality of Joe Cole and Sean WP on the bench?
> Both are incredible and would do a darn lot more than Hargreaves ever
> could.

J Cole and Sean WP are both lightweight midfielders, Hargreaves is a typical midfield scrapper (superb in my opinion), it's pretty obvious which one was appropriate to bring on in the latter stages.
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Hardly an excellent performance. Improved on saturday yes, but that wasn't hard.
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:48
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Lil Bro wrote:
> absoulte quality of Joe Cole

Ahahahahahaha!

You mean Joey "Bye Bye Ball!" Cole?

He has been crap of late. Sure the back end of last season he wasn't bad, but so far this year he's been awful though.

Agree with Beckham this time too, his delivery wasn't good enough tonight. And agree about Defoe, Ledleh and Robbo. Tonight showed that Carragher shouldn't be allowed near an England starting 11 ever again in his career, but with Woodgate, Rio and Sol coming back that won't happen anyway.

Particular mentions go to Defoe tonight, and I was impressed with Lampard's more defensive play tonight, he didn't lose the ball as much as he did against Austria.

Yeah, satisfied with that performance, and agree with the majority of your post. But Quinty was right about Hargreaves, not that it matters for the two minutes it lasted for.
Wed 08/09/04 at 21:48
Regular
Totally outplayed a team perceived by some to be second favourites for the group.

"Ommgg Bring Joe coel on so he acn keep losing the balll!!1111"
Thu 09/09/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Colourless"
Joe Cole's been poor this season?

Beckham is good?

Hargreaves does anything?

Hargreaves > Wright-Phillips?

What on earth are you two on about?
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Don't like Sven anyways and hope he gets sacked.

Wright-Phillips could of come on for Lampard, with Beckham moving in to the centre.

Also think Defoe and Smith should start up front for England and Carlton Cole should be in the England squad over Vassell.

Here's team I'd play for the next game if all are fit:

GK Robinson

DL A. Cole
DR G. Johnson
DC Terry
DC Campbell

ML Bridge
MR Wright-Phillips
MC Lampard
MC Gerrard

ST Defoe
ST Smith

Subs:

James
Neville
Beckham
C. Cole
Owen

Imagine Johnson and Wright-phillips on the right with Cole and Bridge on the left. The pace would be hard for any team to cope with.
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh ffs, Jermaine Defoe misses a sitter and scores one good goal and suddenly he's the greatest striker ever. And remember, it was West Ham that harnessed his talents, along with the likes of Michael Carrick and Joe Cole...so in my view credit for Defoe's talent should go to the Hammers.

But back to my point, how can any of you seriously consider dropping Michael Owen? I mean, okay, so he didn't actually score that goal tonight but it certainly wouldn't of gone in if it weren't for him - and he's looked rejuvenated since joining Madrid from us, sad as I am to see him go. You just CANNOT drop a guy with an international goal-scoring record like his! Simple as that.

And Owen Hargreaves is one of the best midfielders we have in that position. Sven wanted a defensive, hard-working midfielder to come on, now attackers like Sean Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole...it was a good decision in my view.

Beckham has to stay in my view as well, I felt his performance wasn't so bad last night...and I think he's a good captain too.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:01
Regular
"Colourless"
Don't think Lampard should have come of instead of Beckham, but I completely agree with your team for our next match.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:11
Regular
Colourless wrote:
> Hargreaves does anything?

Not wasting my breath on this (though technically i just did but you get my point)

> Hargreaves > Wright-Phillips?

Nope. I knew somebody would misinterpret me. We needed somebody to help KEEP POSSESSION, out of the three Hargreaves is the best at this, the others are fantastic attacking players but not the kind to be brought on to steady things up in midfield.

Urgh.
Joe Cole shouldn't be in the England squad in my view, good club player but he's no international.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.