GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need for Speed Underground 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Need for Speed Underground 2'.
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What's it like, any good?
Wed 26/01/05 at 08:51
Regular
"Two year break!"
The online play on NFSU2 is, in my opinion, pretty poor. Certainly compared to PGR2 and Burnout 3. It's just not very rewarding - a lot of it simply seems to be down to who's got the best car and can race the dirtiest.

In Burnout 3 you know where you stand - it's perfect for Live play cause knocking people into wallls is actually part of the game.

But take a game like PGR2 and add a few idiots (who ALWAYS race like that) and it becomes very irritating.

Juiced and Forza will be definite purchases this year though. Two very different games that have a huge amount of potential.
Tue 25/01/05 at 22:45
Regular
"8==="
I heard NFSU's ranking approach is better ie there are leagues etc.
Tue 25/01/05 at 21:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
PGR2 is a superior racing game in every single way.

And it's still good fun.

Without the added EA 'down wiv da hood' corporate sponsors.
Tue 25/01/05 at 20:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm not hugely into massively realistic driving, a la Gran Turismo, because...well...I drive every day.
Burnout 3 is excellent because it lets me race in the style I tend to in whatever game it is, which is why I hate TOCA - I aim at the other cars and find myself sitting on the grass with a busted car, penalised for missing 1 perfect line.

NSPU2 looks like dumb fun, and I can put neon on my car and cruise around trying to buy beer and score with fat teenagers
Tue 25/01/05 at 20:28
Regular
How does it play over LIVE? Many people playing it?
Tue 25/01/05 at 20:14
Regular
"8==="
Pretending to be a Chav for an hour or so's probably fun. Living as one 24/7 isn't.

I'll probably get Forza or Juiced depending on which has the better ranking system.

If they both go with the 'more you play the higher you get - regardless of skill' approach, then I won't buy either.
Tue 25/01/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh I've got Burnout 3, was just tempted strangely by the opportunity to play Chav and "kit up" my "ride"
Tue 25/01/05 at 18:30
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
If you don't have Burnout 3, get that instead.
Tue 25/01/05 at 18:28
i think the game is amazing. it takes a while to complete as it is a big game so it will las a while
Tue 25/01/05 at 17:09
Regular
Personally, I'm waiting for Juiced.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.