GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Worst Song in the Charts?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/08/04 at 15:28
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
The worst song in the charts has got to be the Scissor Sisters with 'Laura'.Ahhhhhhh, that song gets on my bl00dy nerves!!!
Sat 21/08/04 at 23:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I heard 'Michael' this morning.
It made me want to cry.
Sat 21/08/04 at 21:28
Regular
Top 40

Any band & song that I don't name shouldn't be in the top 40 this week.

Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now
Guilty - The Rasmus

Wow, this weeks top 40 sucks.

The week where Twisted X got to number 9 was brilliant...loads of decent bands in the top 40.

Franz are gunna steal top spot with Michael...you watch. ;c)
Sat 21/08/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
phi11ip wrote:
> I believe in a thing... is a great cheese song so they get my praise
> for that (making many a night out great fun), and the rest of the
> album is just silly rock, but still good.

The Darkness are nothing special- it's just that there's no one really like them who is really popular nowadays. They're quite good, but seriously over-rated, whereas there are under-rated bands who are just as good, if not better than them who have emerged in the past few years, such as Blaze.
Sat 21/08/04 at 17:55
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Your Honour wrote:
> I didn't know Comfortably Numb was a cover version either.

!!!!11

Pink Floyd!!
Sat 21/08/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> Take the Darkness for example.
>
> What the hell is so dark about 'em anyway?

I'd rather have the Darkness in the charts than some R&B crap, same with Busted and McFly.

I believe in a thing... is a great cheese song so they get my praise for that (making many a night out great fun), and the rest of the album is just silly rock, but still good.

Ultima Weapon wrote:
> I have to agree on www.ph1l1ip.com (Rakuga?) on The Scissor Sisters.
> They are a live, non-artificial band. Despite the irritating 'Laura',
> they produce quality stuff.

See, the man talks sense. It may be annoying but they're great live and again compare it to R&B, you've got something spectacular.

Oh, I've kidnapped Rakuga, I'm not him.

Anonymous wrote:
> Busted, McFly, Westlife, similar boy bands...etc

I'm in 2 states of mind about McFly, one state hates them, the other thinks that they're OK.

Their new song is pretty catchy, plus they are a real band. They sing live, they play live and they're got at least one person on each instrument unlike Busted.

Anyone remember Busted on TOTP doing 'What I go to school for?' There were 3 of them, just jumping around not playing anything, there were drums clearly in the background too, yet no drummer!

McFly this morning on TOTP (Killers were on CD:UK! Woooo!) played live and were really good, they were in tune, they could sing and from what it looked like they were playing their own stuff although I can't be 100% sure...

All in all though, I'd rather have the charts dominated with loads of Busted/McFly stuff than some of the other crap, at least with Busted having such a big following it shows that 'rock' music is starting to become more popular, they day that all R&B and pop crap is killed off with be the best day ever!
Thu 19/08/04 at 21:56
Regular
Aoe wrote:
> What the feck has happend to music?

We should all be asking this out loud a lot more often.

It seems Hip-Hoppers and gays rule the charts.

Take the Darkness for example.

What the hell is so dark about 'em anyway?
Thu 19/08/04 at 21:37
"Was UW."
The Scissor Sisters may sound okay live, but I wouldn't buy their gay album either
Thu 19/08/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I wouldn't really know, seeing as I pay little attention to charts. All they do is show sales, not how good something is. But I personally agree with Anonymous' point: Cheesy pop music blows.
Thu 19/08/04 at 09:32
Regular
I like the Scissor Sisters.

I didn't get the album because they are gay, I got it becasue I like the songs I'd heard.

I didn't know Comfortably Numb was a cover version either.
Thu 19/08/04 at 08:44
"possibly impossible"
Scissor Sisters use being gay as a selling point, what's all that about? Their cover of Comfortably Numb is the worst cover song I have ever heard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.