GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of gaming revealed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/06/00 at 13:36
Regular
We all know that some things in the games industry will never change. Nintendo will never release anything other than cutesy, childish but oddly hard titles, SONY will milk every last release for another drop of cash, and projected release dates will always slip by a good few months. However, by my estimation, the games industry could go either way. Obviously graphics will improve to the point where they look photo realistic (code veronica and shenmue acheive this to some degree) and this will be on the latest generation of console that we're using now, or will be come october 26nd. Remember the first games on the playstation? oh how we marvelled at ridge racers 3d graphics, and at tekkens actual models of characters. compare these to games like gran turismo 2, ffviii and metal gear solid though, and you'll see what I mean by evolution. Using this to judge console game evolution on a single console, imagine what the final dreamcast games will like? staggering, in a word. However, the games industry has two paths it can go down. firstly, every available genre will evolve to the point where its unrecogniseable and blurs genres (super magnetic zombie first person tactical espionage fighting....hehe) or, developers will realise the key to the future lies in originality. Games like crazy taxi, chu chu rocket and so on are innovative and interesting... even if you don't like the game. The industry needs fresh games and genres like this to combat sonys endless onslaught of sequels and cheap rip offs. The playstation 2 will likely rule all, hell, I might even get one... but we shouldn't write off the dreamcast yet, just as we shouldn't get too excited about the playstation 2, dolphin or x box. what will happen happens..... but one things for sure, it's going to make for interesting viewing.

del the dream
Tue 09/01/01 at 21:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sheer Brilliance!! If that post had been a footballer it would have been Maradonna, but without the drugs.
Sat 03/06/00 at 13:36
We all know that some things in the games industry will never change. Nintendo will never release anything other than cutesy, childish but oddly hard titles, SONY will milk every last release for another drop of cash, and projected release dates will always slip by a good few months. However, by my estimation, the games industry could go either way. Obviously graphics will improve to the point where they look photo realistic (code veronica and shenmue acheive this to some degree) and this will be on the latest generation of console that we're using now, or will be come october 26nd. Remember the first games on the playstation? oh how we marvelled at ridge racers 3d graphics, and at tekkens actual models of characters. compare these to games like gran turismo 2, ffviii and metal gear solid though, and you'll see what I mean by evolution. Using this to judge console game evolution on a single console, imagine what the final dreamcast games will like? staggering, in a word. However, the games industry has two paths it can go down. firstly, every available genre will evolve to the point where its unrecogniseable and blurs genres (super magnetic zombie first person tactical espionage fighting....hehe) or, developers will realise the key to the future lies in originality. Games like crazy taxi, chu chu rocket and so on are innovative and interesting... even if you don't like the game. The industry needs fresh games and genres like this to combat sonys endless onslaught of sequels and cheap rip offs. The playstation 2 will likely rule all, hell, I might even get one... but we shouldn't write off the dreamcast yet, just as we shouldn't get too excited about the playstation 2, dolphin or x box. what will happen happens..... but one things for sure, it's going to make for interesting viewing.

del the dream

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.