GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The name's Station, PlayStation."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/04/01 at 14:55
Regular
Yeah, the first Sony machine had an original name. The PlayStation. I think that Sony were too lazy to think up a different name for their second console so they just called it the PlayStation2. I think they should of been much original. Look at Nintendo. At present they have the N64, and their next 128-bit console will be called GameCube.

Sega released the Saturn, then the Dreamcast. Both original names.

What I ask you now is what do you think the future consoles will be called?

Sony: ?
Nintendo: ?
Microsoft: ?
Sega (If they do make another console): ?

For Sony’s next machine, please don’t say PlayStation3! :-)
Mon 30/04/01 at 21:20
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
btw if u didnt realise last post was sarcasm. They are not original names
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Always good to see the term 'Jazzmag' in active circulation! :)
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:51
Regular
Urm so station, playstation yes?
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:24
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
> SmokedKipper wrote:
Microsoft: JazzWagon (after a
> competition
> held to choose the name is rigged by students)

Your Honour wrote:
What would the
> Official Magazine be called? JazzMag?

I'm sure Microsoft fans would be familair with that sort of thing.

You know you get free stuff stuck to the front of some mags....

(can I say that?)
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:24
Regular
SmokedKipper wrote:

Nintendo:
> PokeDome (continuing the everlasting Pokemon money machine, combined
> with another unusual design)

Actually there is unconfirmed news that after Pokémon has been on the Gameboy Advance and gamecube, there wont be any more Pokémon games.

I got that news from www.bulbagarden.com
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:23
Junkomatic sounds good to me... as long as it disposes of my junk not creates more.
There's probably a cube in that Game Cube somewhere... Maybe they'll make the power button cubical. Of course you could just saw off part of the machine to make it cube shaped.
You know, they made the name Playstation, I suspect, when someone was standing at a TRAIN Station and thought I wish I could PLAY on my console in this station.
The X-Box is called that because every single one is a terminal linked to the giant soul resevoir owned by Billy Gates. They drain you soul out as you play and place it in a special box which then transfers it to the resevoir. Then Bill Gates uses the souls to be fuel for his bid to become a computer god. Henceforth shall he be worshipped and know as Bill the Lord of all things digital.
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:19
Regular
SmokedKipper wrote:
Microsoft: JazzWagon (after a
> competition held to choose the name is rigged by students)

What would the Official Magazine be called? JazzMag?

:-)

Mon 30/04/01 at 20:16
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
M16 wrote:
What I ask you now is what do you think the
> future consoles will be called?

Sony: PSTwo (a scaled down, protable PS2 to make it seem snazzy when the PS3 is released)

Nintendo: PokeDome (continuing the everlasting Pokemon money machine, combined with another unusual design)

Microsoft: JazzWagon (after a competition held to choose the name is rigged by students)

Sega: PlayStation 4 (after successfully copyrighting the name before Sony do, in an attempt to live off the success of another console - a bit like the PS2 is doing now)
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:16
Regular
No, it's actually a console.
Mon 30/04/01 at 20:13
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I suppose Xbox is not really a box?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.