GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Generic PSP post #4598743609"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/02/05 at 18:46
Regular
Is it region free? I.e. UK games (when released) playable on US/JAP one?
Mon 07/02/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Two year break!"
It's definitely my favourite toy.

Haven't been this impressed with an inanimate object since my iPod...
Mon 07/02/05 at 15:36
Regular
I may get one too :(

No idea where to start.

So i'll just cling to bullett's leg.

Take me to hollywood!
Mon 07/02/05 at 14:42
Regular
"Two year break!"
He he.

At the moment - yes.

Be aware that the UMD format CAN be regionally coded. Every indication is that this will only apply to the movies and not games.

My Japanese PSP box has a Region 2 symbol on it, as does Ridge Racers. However as there isn't a US console to check this on, we will have to wait and see to be sure.

I just hope that on the 24th of March we don't see a myriad of "Minna No Golf doesn't work on my US PSP" posts appearing....
Mon 07/02/05 at 14:36
Regular
Yeah I'm aware of that. No biggie though.

So the UK games will work on the US PSP - guaranteed?
Mon 07/02/05 at 14:00
Regular
"Two year break!"
No problem.

The US pack is going to be a great deal - the ONLY thing to bear in mind is the UMD Video playback. If you intend to buy UMD movies then you're stuck with Region 1 (not the biggest hardship obviously).
Mon 07/02/05 at 13:43
Regular
Ah yes, thankee, you've been great.

I've spotted the US Value Pack on Import Madness. Methinks I'll be ordering it :)
Mon 07/02/05 at 13:35
Regular
"Two year break!"
It only takes the 'small' ones (but will take the Duo or Duo Pro versions).

32mb pro card comes with the Value pack.
Mon 07/02/05 at 12:37
Regular
Ok, FINALLY, does it take the normal Mem sticks or those new DUO types? If it's the DUO's, I'm buggered :(
Mon 07/02/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Two year break!"
I actually like the analogue 'disc' quite a lot.

It's excellent with Ridge Racers IMO and although it is placed a little strangely (a bit more to the right would be better like on a DualShock pad) it works great for me.

It's only used in Minna No Golf to look around (not for moving the direction of the drive) but again that works well.

My current gamesave for Ridge Racers is 352kb (looks like I've saved a Replay too which is 320kb).

Minna No Golf savegame is 768kb although when you 'look' at the savegame from the menu it actually includes the music and an animated clip so that probably bumps it up a tiny bit.
Mon 07/02/05 at 12:05
Regular
How does the Analog disc come along? I've heard it's awkwardly placed and can be a bit uncomfortable after long periods.

AND, how much space does a typical save take up? I have loads of Mem sticks I could use.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.