GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Generic PSP post #4598743609"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/02/05 at 18:46
Regular
Is it region free? I.e. UK games (when released) playable on US/JAP one?
Sun 06/02/05 at 18:46
Regular
Is it region free? I.e. UK games (when released) playable on US/JAP one?
Sun 06/02/05 at 18:53
"Tesco value"
Games yes

movies no

:=)

are you converting ßulle††? i'm ashamed.

but those pictures do look good though, with samsungs screens (no dead pixels, and chips using 2.5 x less power, it just got a whole lot more appealing)
Sun 06/02/05 at 19:14
Regular
Converting? No.

Considering an accompanyment? Possibly.

after hearing about the new Samsung deal, and seeing some genuine battery life tests, It's increasingly becoming more appealing.

don't get me wrong, the DS won't be pushed aside, but it's always nice to have the best of both worlds :D
Sun 06/02/05 at 19:16
Regular
Oh, and if it doesn't play movies, I may just wait for the Uk release.

Depends, the US UMD movie schedule will no doubt look sexier.
Sun 06/02/05 at 19:20
"Tesco value"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Oh, and if it doesn't play movies, I may just wait for the Uk
> release.
>
> Depends, the US UMD movie schedule will no doubt look sexier.

I'd import, if I could guarentee that it would be the one with the new components, you know my disgust at dead pixels!!

you'd find that a movie could fit completely onto a memory stick for playing in the PSP anyway and if you did import one, you'd just have to get american movies to play on it (not bad thing, you get them sooner!) and I think they were thinking of selling the PSP with spiderman 2.
Either way movies dont bother me that much, watching movies on the PSP is good, but watching them on a mobile phone is even better
Sun 06/02/05 at 19:32
Regular
Movies most probably won't be much of an issue for me, but I'll definitely have to utilise the feature at some point, for the hell of it.

I'd have to beg to differ on the Mobile Phone comment - I really don't enjoy trying to watch a movie on my 7610 :D
Mon 07/02/05 at 00:28
Regular
"Bicycle"
ßulle†† wrote:
> after hearing about the new Samsung deal, and seeing some genuine
> battery life tests, It's increasingly becoming more appealing.

Samsung deal?

Battery life tests?
Mon 07/02/05 at 06:24
Regular
Coin wrote:
> Samsung deal?

Samsung will take over Sharp in the production of the screens. This will significantly reduce the dead-pixel problem as Samsung are basically 1337 when it comes to this stuff :D

> Battery life tests?

Yes. Tests playing games on max everything, with headphones and with wi-fi multiplayer.

Different results showed that it's not a typical 3-hour battery life, can be over double that in cases.

Also, I think Samsung are taking over in production of the computer chips, which will use 2.5x less battery power than the current chips.

Can't be bad at all...
Mon 07/02/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Two year break!"
I must say, I've really not found the battery life to be an issue whatsoever as yet.

Have been playing during the day and a good session at night too and have basically been charging it whenever needed.
Mon 07/02/05 at 11:59
Regular
What game(s) do you have with it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.