GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ads in a coffin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/07/04 at 17:18
Regular
Isn’t it about time adverts (spit) just curled up in a ball and died? Interrupting TV & Radio with their relentless rattle’n’babble repetitious sheepshank. Nobody cares. Nobody is listening.

They used to snoot: “The ads are the best thing on TV, haw haw.” But not anymore. Now there are so many of the damn dirty w****s that it’s all become just one big rainbow-riddled blur of dazzle-scum.

And I’m sure they don’t work. DFS has been having a “prices slashed fake Bank Holiday” sale for the past decade, and do I give a toss? and have I skipped on down to purchase a sofa or a swivel chair? - no!

Damn them all to Hell, Dark Jesus. Nail their cheap coffins with thine belicose Hammer of Petty Judgement!
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:08
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Given the choice between having to endure ads, and the tax on tv that is the licence fee, I'd give ads the thumbs up every time. I mean, even the BBC - who argue they cannot use ads because it would affect their independent status - advertise their own programs between their own programs.

In effect ads are a way of ensuring some kind of quality - ad makers want to put their ads where the viewers will see them - to get the viewers you need decent programs, or failing that at least one that many will watch.Why do you think Sky went all out to get 24 season 3, and secure season 4? Because with the ratings they have the ad time is going to before filming of season 4 even finishes.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:01
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> They give you a slight break from the usual crap on the radio and can
> even make you laugh; on some of the local stations, anyway. On other
> channels they break up the programs well, also. If you need a pee,
> you can go. If you want a drink, you can get one.

Heh, I have to agree there actually. I hate missing some of a film to go to the toilet, and it's not nice to have to rush :^)

Still, when they split a film either side of the news it's too much of a gap..
Tue 27/07/04 at 17:00
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> If you don't like adverts - then, just don't watch them.

No man can get away from the putrid things. My life quest isn't the avoidance of ads. My wish is that they would avoid me - permantly.
Tue 27/07/04 at 14:48
"slightlyshortertagl"
I don't watch films on ITV, channel 4 or five.

I cannot stand having a film interrupted by fecking ads.

Argh.
Tue 27/07/04 at 13:00
"Was UW."
Haha. Quite agree with you there, Kickshaws. Those DFS adverts are realy getting on my nerves. They all should rot in TV advert hell.

UW.
Tue 27/07/04 at 12:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Adverts aren't really all that bad.

...Unless, of course, your watching ITV, and they're cropping up every FIVE minutes, rather than fifteen! :P :@

They give you a slight break from the usual crap on the radio and can even make you laugh; on some of the local stations, anyway. On other channels they break up the programs well, also. If you need a pee, you can go. If you want a drink, you can get one.

If you don't like adverts - and, I can certainly admit, there are some terribley annoying ones out there - then, just don't watch them. Take a break, like you're supposed to.
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:57
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> I hate their f***ing jingle.

I'd never have guessed.
:)
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:50
Regular
I figure it probably does work.
Sure, some people hate the adverts, I switch channels whenere a mcdonalds advert comes on because I hate their f***ing jingle. And their product.
Maybe if more people did that the tv companies would stop selling tv time to the worst offenders. That'd be nice.

But then, on the other hand are oceans of morons, watching tv for hours every night, soaking up as many commercial messages as the tv can spew into them.

I really hope we don't lose the bbc, or they don't lose the licence fee.
I figure it's well worth the money to be able to watch tv uninterrupted by drivel designed to sell you junk you don't want.

If only they'd get rid of the tv show trailers too...
Mon 26/07/04 at 17:22
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
GIMME AN AMEN, BROTHA!

Yeah, it's true. I often wonder why companies advertise so repetitively.
Normally it's a product we *all* know about, but adverts for it are still rammed down our throats.
Like you said, does it make us rush out and buy it?
Nein.
Mon 26/07/04 at 17:18
Regular
Isn’t it about time adverts (spit) just curled up in a ball and died? Interrupting TV & Radio with their relentless rattle’n’babble repetitious sheepshank. Nobody cares. Nobody is listening.

They used to snoot: “The ads are the best thing on TV, haw haw.” But not anymore. Now there are so many of the damn dirty w****s that it’s all become just one big rainbow-riddled blur of dazzle-scum.

And I’m sure they don’t work. DFS has been having a “prices slashed fake Bank Holiday” sale for the past decade, and do I give a toss? and have I skipped on down to purchase a sofa or a swivel chair? - no!

Damn them all to Hell, Dark Jesus. Nail their cheap coffins with thine belicose Hammer of Petty Judgement!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.