GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"G-unit"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/07/04 at 18:33
Regular
": ("
Does anyone know when they'll release another album?

Have they announced that they'll be making another one?

I've got Lloyd Banks' Album but I dont think it's as good as the G-unit one.
Thu 22/07/04 at 06:39
Regular
Ma$e...is....back??

*rejoices*

For real?
Thu 22/07/04 at 01:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jetster wrote:

> 50 has done some meaningful songs, well maybe not. But he still does
> rap about his struggles, Many Men I suppose show cases the fact how
> his life has been effected by people wantig him dead and includes
> such meaninful lines as "Coz he got hit like I got hit, the only
> difference is he aint f###ing breathing".

The only song i can stand of his is 20 questions and that's only because i'm a big Nate Dogg fan. Whenever i hear his songs he's either rapping about all the stuff stated earlier or reminded us he's been shot 9 times. Yes well done, now get over yourself and find some new material.

> I'm digging myself into a big hole here but I'm glad you respect
> other peoples opinions. I'll end this with...
>
> MASE IS BACK BABY!

Gotta love Ma$e.
Thu 22/07/04 at 01:03
Regular
"One More Chance"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Jetster wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> people talking about cash, guns, hoes and bling,
>
> But that's all Jay Z has ever rapped about and I'm sure you like
> Jay.
>
> Jay has also rapped about the struggle he's faced and his life in
> general. Yes he does rap about all that other stuff but at least he
> also puts in some meaningful songs as well.

50 has done some meaningful songs, well maybe not. But he still does rap about his struggles, Many Men I suppose show cases the fact how his life has been effected by people wantig him dead and includes such meaninful lines as "Coz he got hit like I got hit, the only difference is he aint f###ing breathing".

I'm digging myself into a big hole here but I'm glad you respect other peoples opinions. I'll end this with...

MASE IS BACK BABY!
Thu 22/07/04 at 00:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> It's
> just an idiot supported by 2 semi talented people talking about
> cash,
> guns, hoes and bling
>
> Wouldn't you be doing the same thing if you were them though.

Well if they're as talented as they like to say they shouldn't need to but as they're not then yes if i was them i'd be riding that bandwagon until the wheels fall off.
Thu 22/07/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jetster wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> people talking about cash, guns, hoes and bling,
>
> But that's all Jay Z has ever rapped about and I'm sure you like
> Jay.

Jay has also rapped about the struggle he's faced and his life in general. Yes he does rap about all that other stuff but at least he also puts in some meaningful songs as well.

> To me 50 Cent is good, I can listen to one of his albums no problem
> just the same as I can listen to 'Step into a world' by KRS, 'One
> More Chance' by Big, 'Keep your head up' by Pac or 'I Wish' by
> Skee-Lo. It's all good to me and that's all I care about.

And good on you, just like you're putting your opinion forward of 50 cent being good, personally i find him to be crap, boring and repetitive and bringing nothing new that hasn't been done by even less talented rappers before him. Everyone has differing opinions, however if you put KRS-One and 50 in the same sentence again i may have to pummel you with a baseball bat :-D
Wed 21/07/04 at 22:22
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
It's
> just an idiot supported by 2 semi talented people talking about cash,
> guns, hoes and bling

Wouldn't you be doing the same thing if you were them though.
Wed 21/07/04 at 21:54
Regular
"One More Chance"
lalakersrule wrote:
people talking about cash, guns, hoes and bling,

But that's all Jay Z has ever rapped about and I'm sure you like Jay.

To me 50 Cent is good, I can listen to one of his albums no problem just the same as I can listen to 'Step into a world' by KRS, 'One More Chance' by Big, 'Keep your head up' by Pac or 'I Wish' by Skee-Lo. It's all good to me and that's all I care about.

The fact is that although Buck and Yayo will carry on G-Unit's bad rep people like Banks and 50 will continue to make music that I think is good and that I enjoy listening to. Ever since I've had The Hunger For More I've listened to it everyday because it is good no matter what people say about G-Unit. And when I go see 50 in August I'll have a great time even though you think he blows.

Anyway I've forgotten where I'm going with this now so I'll just say that yes rap has lost it's individuality but that's because rap is more about getting on the billboard top 100 or what ever and to do that rappers are flowing with what sound is hot at the moment and that's 'Gangsta' rap where as in the 80's etc I'm sure Grandmaster Flash etc couldn’t give 2 f###s about the chart, so did what they thought was cool. Of Course I could be wrong as I wasn't around then.
Wed 21/07/04 at 20:34
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:

> Jesus Walks

I love that song.
Wed 21/07/04 at 20:29
Regular
I expect LOADS of people to hate G-unit but it just turns out that i'm not one of them.

:)
Wed 21/07/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cyclone wrote:

> Der Nazi, lalakers hates G-Unit, not rap (I think)

Oh i love rap, don't get me wrong, but to me G-Unit is not rap. It's just an idiot supported by 2 semi talented people talking about cash, guns, hoes and bling, which unfortunately is what rap has become to appeal to the idiotic white teenage wannabe thug group.

The only new rap i like at the moment is Kanye West, Get em High and Jesus Walks are getting worn out on my Zen. Other than that virtually anything post 1999 doesn't get a look in. Give me Grandmaster Flash, Beastie Boys, KRS-One, Common, Public Enemy, Eric B and Rakim, Gang Starr and Tribe Called Quest etc etc ahead of any of these new wannabe 'gangstas'. All the old stuff had important messages, the new stuff doesn't.

I love rap, hell i was living in Brooklyn for a year i have no choice but to love it :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.