GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best action film(s)scene(s) to date?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/04/01 at 19:18
Regular
There are so many action films in the market toaday, but which are the films that are the best of the best. Which action scene or film would you place as the best in the market today.

"Face Off" (Nik Cage, Travolta)

"After killing "Travolter's" son Travolta is after Castor Troy for revenge and he finally catches him. He is then offered a mission to find where he has placed a bomb in the city, in order to go he must switch faces with Troy. After the switch Troy wakes up and gets the surgery done on him, he then burns the connections and Travolta is stuck in prison"

"The best action scene would have to be in the house of Troys friends when the police raid and then a giant gun battle begins"

"Gladiator" (Russel Crowe)

"Russel crowe plays the part as Maximus who is forced into becoming a slave after Ceaser dies and he leaves the Legion. Known as the Spaniard by his fans he is forced to become a gladiaor and win the crowd so he can get his freedom. After his wife and son are killed Maximus vows to kill the emoror as revenge"

"The fight in the colosium for the second to final time when they as a team take down a massive army"

In my opinion these two are the greatest action scenes to date and i am sure there are many others.

What are yours?
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:18
There are so many action films in the market toaday, but which are the films that are the best of the best. Which action scene or film would you place as the best in the market today.

"Face Off" (Nik Cage, Travolta)

"After killing "Travolter's" son Travolta is after Castor Troy for revenge and he finally catches him. He is then offered a mission to find where he has placed a bomb in the city, in order to go he must switch faces with Troy. After the switch Troy wakes up and gets the surgery done on him, he then burns the connections and Travolta is stuck in prison"

"The best action scene would have to be in the house of Troys friends when the police raid and then a giant gun battle begins"

"Gladiator" (Russel Crowe)

"Russel crowe plays the part as Maximus who is forced into becoming a slave after Ceaser dies and he leaves the Legion. Known as the Spaniard by his fans he is forced to become a gladiaor and win the crowd so he can get his freedom. After his wife and son are killed Maximus vows to kill the emoror as revenge"

"The fight in the colosium for the second to final time when they as a team take down a massive army"

In my opinion these two are the greatest action scenes to date and i am sure there are many others.

What are yours?
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I'd go for the battle with Unicron in Transformers: The Movie as my favourite.

Or maybe the bit in The Muppets Take Manhatton where Miss Piggy is on rollerskates chasing a guy who nicked her bag (or maybe not).
Fri 27/04/01 at 20:41
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
How can the best film ever not be the Matrix. It is has everything. A terribly original storyline, the best action scenes I have seen in a long time - who cannot honestly say the Matrix lobby scene ruled. There is also the best soundtrack - CLubbed to Death (Rob D) wonderful song. The detail to explanation is amazing, the twist in the story where Syther betrays them brings suspense. It also has the greatest enemies ever - the agents. Their glasses and the fact there is 3 of them is amazing.

And what made this so excellent for me was I wasn't expecting it to be so good. I wasn't actually planning to see it. Some friend was going so I tagged along. The fact I was expecting this poor film made so much difference. It was the BEST experience I have ever had in a cinema and I eagerly await the sequels releases.

MATRIX WITHOUT A DOUBT. IF anyone here hasn't seen it hang your head in shame.
Fri 27/04/01 at 23:20
"Moderator"
Its a really good action film, but is the story line really that original? no.

'(.)'
Sat 28/04/01 at 00:01
die hard 3 is original
Sat 28/04/01 at 12:01
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
storyline not that original. I'll accept if you can come up with a film with basically the same concept that we are imprisoned in a virtual reality world and some people try to get us out of it. This whole concept is terribly original I haven't seen a film with the same idea...
Sat 28/04/01 at 21:00
"Moderator"
the basic Storyline:

This reality is not real, and we are blinded by society. ok?

Then that idea complies to almost all science fiction films, it is just glossed over with big guns and big explosions, and nice graphics, its a good film, but not as an original film, just a nice peice of... how would the french say... 'le candy de eye'

'(.)'
Sun 29/04/01 at 00:26
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Matrix has GOT to have one of the corniest scripts of al l
time...

'Mankind is the Cancer... We are the cure...'

mmmm...
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:11
In answer to what "Rakuga" put 'he's right!' The Matrix is one of the best films I have ever scene, and I am here to second what he has said, if anybody dares to knock the film!!!

But there are others, When i saw Gone in 60 Seconds during the summer holidays i was amazed. I had never seen anything like it!!! I'm not saying i have seen all the films ever made in the world, but as far as i am concerned 'this film had a new and totally original idea' (not including the original film). Something that if you have read some of my other posts you would understand!

Gone in 60 Seconds is one of the only DVD's i own at the moment (i am hoping to expand my collection though), but this posting comes from my knowledge of the film in the cinema, ONLY. This is because i bought an American version of the film (as over the christmas period i was fortunate enough to go to the states). Knowing for well my PC (as i don't own a proper player yet) would run it - i checked the software. But to my horror i can't!!!! Next to me at the moment (on my desk) is a brand new version of the film (no laughing) something that breaks my heart as i am dying to see it again.

I am getting side tracked, this is posting about what i feel is the best scene in a film. NOT ABOUT MY VERY LOW INTELLIGENCE!!!! lol!

I feel the film has a number of brilliant scenes in it so i will number them. (they are in no order, as i can't remember what order they come in)!

1) The Porche smashing its way through a large show-room window. The smashing of the glass against the silver car, by night i thought looked spectacular!

2) The high speed chase between the cops and Cage. The superb driver (Cage) against the not so superb cops. The understanding of the road layout (the cops) aginst cage who only knows he has to get to the docks! A mis-match that worked very well in my opinion.

3) Vini Jones' hard man scene. You are not going to argue with him!!! The look on his eye's made you know he wasn't messin' (great acting).

4) The scene in the garge with the cops, a stolen car, the gang all together and some drugs! An imaginative piece of scene play geting the cops to destroy the evidence ( the reving of the car).

If you have seen the film, you will know what i am on about (or, at least i hope you do!). You will know that all 4 of the points i have picked out are not all about the same aspect of the film. eg violence and explosions/damage (i think the correct name for this is genre, but this could just be another example of me making a fool of myself!). For-instance point 4 is about skill, wit and cunning. 1) is about destruction (you probably picked this up, but just incase you didn't).

The end, this is why i feel Gone in 60 Seconds is one of the best films ever made. Well done Jerry Bruckheimer i say!!!

Jac
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:33
Jac gone in 60 seconds is nothing spectacular.

It had the pottential to become amazing with such a good story line but it was ruined with not enough good stuff and being such a short film i would only give in 3 stars at max. Cage is much better in face off and the rock.

But i must admit i liked vinnys part in the film :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.