GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Farenheit 911."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 08:56
Regular
Saw this last night.

Go and watch it. If you can find a cinema near you that's showing it, that is.
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not sure if that was just a general comment or aimed at me but if so all i said was Bush is a rubbish leader and the Iraq war was unjust. Everyone apart from the cave dwellers will know that by now.
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I don't like all the crap around this. Michael Moore might exaggerate and sensationalise, which is wrong, particularly when he attacks others for doing such things (!) and generally for hypocrisy etc (and consequently indefensible). But then again, who are the real bad guys?
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:21
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Cyclone wrote:
>
But then again, who are the real bad guys?
i think they call them selves americans. :)
Tue 13/07/04 at 23:24
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Erm is it me or do half of you not even know whatthefuck you're talking about?
Wed 14/07/04 at 20:53
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Oh, so what the radio says must be true.
>
> I'll remember that next time Moyle's tells us to burn our genitals
> off.

It was a debate type program, it was serious not a funny morning show.
Wed 14/07/04 at 20:53
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
its just you.
Wed 14/07/04 at 23:18
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I mean, I know the war in Iraq was based on false information and
> have a basic knowledge of events, but I'll still come out
> enlightened. And you can bet that there'll be people going to see
> this who only know what they've read in The Sun and are about to get
> a rude awakening.

If you think that anything Michael Moore says is any less sensationalist and biased as something you'd read in The Sun, then maybe you need a rude awakening. If Michael Moore is the straw that breaks the Republican camel, then he's forgiven, but I'd never go so far as to pay to see his propoganda.

Starlight wrote:
> Erm is it me or do half of you not even know whatthe**** you're
> talking about?

Please don't swear on these forums, there are filters for a reason.
Thu 15/07/04 at 00:09
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
What exactly was sensationalist about Bowling for Columbine, then? I mean, apart from the re-edited Heston interview and a few misleading video edits here and there, all of the information used was fact, was it not? And don't just point me to a 'Michael Moore is a LIAR OMG!' website, because they're written by retards.

I'll reserve judgement until I've actally seen Fahrenheit, but I imagine I know what I'm letting myself in for. Comparing Moore with The Sun is a ridiculous comparison - Moore has absolutely nothing to gain from exposing these untruths, and the fact that he's lambasted for making such things public saddens me greatly. Don't play the money card either, Moore's been making documentaries for years, so it's not like he set out to make a quick buck.

Not many people are trying to make a difference out there, but he's one of them. Someone down there was right, who's the real bad guy? The dude who orders a war on a little brown country based on false information, on the dude who does everything he can to expose him as the murderous liar he is?
Thu 15/07/04 at 09:20
Regular
Anialater wrote:
"It was a debate type program, it was serious not a funny morning show."

Those shows are usually the funniest things on the radio anyway.

Everyone has an opinion, unfortunately it's usually the stupid ones that like to excrete it out repeatedly in anyone's face they can find.

If you are not destroying, you are building. Michael Moore provides an angle that not many could ever see easily. The documentary about Moore himself does exactly the same.

You are welcome to your decision and stance, but what bothers me is the pride that people will take when it comes to changing it or being challenged. Your opinion is not the last bastion of hope, it's no more than simple reason. If you will not provide yourself with as much information as you possibly can with an open mind, then don't expect your opinion to ever truly count.

Bowling for Columbine was great, looking forward to this.
Thu 15/07/04 at 10:06
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
And you can bet that there'll be people going to see this who only know what they've read in The Sun and are about to get a rude awakening.

Ah, but will they? Surely people who'll go and see this will be ones who have a rough idea what Moore is about already.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.