GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix - 10 Disc Boxset £44.99"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/07/04 at 12:53
Regular
(Out on December 12)

Who didn't see that coming? I suppose fans will be buying this version to go with the individual ones they already have. Just like all the versions of Lord of the Rings.

Still I don't see why there need to be so many discs. Lets look at what you get;

Disc One: The Matrix
- All-new transfer supervised by the Wachowskis and director of photography (DP), Bill Pope
- Audio commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope and other cast and crew

Disc Two: The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes)
- Same special features as previous release
- Offers comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at the first film in the trilogy

Disc Three: Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes)
- New cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' game
- Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis and Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew

Disc Four: Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)
- Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Five: Matrix Revolutions
- Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg and other cast and crew

Disc Six: Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)
- Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Seven: The Animatrix
- Same special features as previous release

Disc Eight: The Roots Of The Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)
- The Matrix and the History of the Action Genre - Examines the many influences of action cinema that make up The Matrix
- Brainiacs’ Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, and Charlatans deconstruct the intellectual underpinnings of the trilogy
- The Science Behind the Fiction – Is the notion of a real Matrix plausible? An investigation of the technologies that inspire the metaphor of The Matrix

Disc Nine: The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)
- The Burley Man Chronicles - The “Human” story of the making of the Matrix, as well as the game Enter the Matrix
- Rave Reel- A club-oriented montage of unused and newly edited footage from Reloaded
- Spoofs of the Matrix -The “Best-Of” these various clips

Disc Ten: The Zion Archive - Special Features
- Zion Archive - Production assets developed for the Matrix universe, including concept artwork, storyboards, drawings, etc
- Basic ROM Features

----

Okay that's everything, anyone likely to get it? Myst you up for this? £44.99 is the Recommend Retail Price so it might go down. Perhaps it would be a good buy during a sale or something, maybe £24.99 :)
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'll be getting that because I enjoyed those movies,and the "Revisited" for the first movie is fantastic.
And commentaries on all 3?
Lovely, and I dont care what any halfass aint-it-cool talkback monkey thinks, so jam your head up your own peachdrain.
Tue 06/07/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That reminds me, actually, I've already got the Star Wars boxset on order from Play. W00t!
Tue 06/07/04 at 14:08
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hmm, don't think I'll be buying this. Not because I don't like them - Reloaded gets better every time I watch it - but because I already have the films and extras aren't important to me.

I'm saving my money for the original Star Wars trilogy and, of course, The Lord Of The Rings extended, super-duper, 40,000 disc box-set.
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Damn you Wachowskis!
*shakes fist*

I already have 5 Matrix DVDs. Now I have to get rid of them to buy this. The last three discs look a bit pony, but it'll be worth it for the Reloaded and Revolutions 'Revisited' discs - if they're as good as the one that came with the first movie, I'm sold.

But one DVD for a 75 min documentary? And another one for pictures and concept art? Hmm, someone's stretching this out as far as it'll go, aren't they?
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:34
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I'd get it if I didn't already own all three films. I love special
> features, but I'm not about to spend 40 quid on them.

Well remember the Star Wars Trilogy is £44.99 as well, but places like Amzon are selling it for £26.99 with free postage and packaging. Perhaps it would tempt you then?
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:33
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> 10th Dec?! :(
>
> Guess I'll have to wait some more then...

I'm not suprised, they obviously want the Christmas market, so a lot of people might be getting it for Christmas this year. I think the Star Wars Trilogy is coming out in September though
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:30
Regular
10th Dec?! :(

Guess I'll have to wait some more then...
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:29
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> where's that from? And is it available yet?
>
> I don't care about the flaws of the trilogy, I've been waiting for
> this box set for ages!

DigitalSpy.co.uk and the 10th December :)
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:19
Regular
I've already got a £40 Special Edition DVD Set for the original alone...

I might get this, but it's the disappointing quality of the sequels that's holding me back. Hopefully there'll be a feature that explains the story in it's entireity, though. Although I've deciphered most of it, it'd be nice to have something that shows all the subtleties.

Although that may defeat the point of them entirely.
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Did anybody watch the Animatrix? It was quite good, strange, but
> good...

Yeah, its different.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.